• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dvd viewing problem HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atm743

well i usally use windows media player to watch movies but i just got a 20" widescreen monitor and i want to watch my movies in its 16:10 beauty.

well for some reason when played in media player it dosent show the full size of the movie even in full screen.

so i tried useing my dvd player called powerdvd

well for some reason when playing hte movie i dont see the movie. i can see a thin strip of the movie on the sides of the player and its ****ing me off and i want to be able to watch my movies with this program.

in full screen its just pure black? it plays perfect in windows media player but its now full size its small. even in full screen and i want to be able to watch a movie in TRUE full screen.

what is the problem that im haveing ??

heres a pic
dvdproblemxc7.jpg

i know in the pic of the windows media player you dont see a picture but there is one it just didnt stay when i screen shoot it and saved it with paint. but if you look hard you can see the size of the movie and the rest is just black and i wnat it to take advantage of my widescreen :)

dvdproblem2gu2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm running Omega Radeon drivers for an ATI. In ATI properties, there are overlay settings for video aspect ratios and different external monitor setups.

This might be related to your problem. Have a look in the Nvidia properties.

Back