• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Temp - A program for accurate Intel temperature monitoring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Version 0.97.1 - 7th March, 2008

- Fix: Phenom did not display proper temperature.
- Fix: Phenom randomly reports 255C (value ignored).
- Fix: Phenom displays more than a single system tray icon per CPU.
- Fix: Phenom 1/4 multipliers rounded improperly.

- Change: C° and F° now will display °C and °F accordingly.

I still have to question the temps.
my overclocked E6320 at idle can show ambient or just over ambient temps and 34C after running prime95 for hours. The heatsink never seems to get warm, but those temps seem just a little too low to me :)

-Chris

Version 0.98 - 23rd April, 2008

- Fix: Core Temp sometimes crashes when another program tries to access the log file. - Still needs further testing.

- Add: Show load percentage per core.
- Add: Adjustable Tj.Max value via *.INI file.
- Add: Option to start Core Temp with Windows.
- Add: Support new Intel Mobile processors

- Change: Maximum logging interval is now 99999ms instead of 9999ms.
- Change: Log file layout. Shows current temperature, high\low temperature, core load, CPU speed.

Version 0.98 - 23rd April, 2008

- Fix: Core Temp sometimes crashes when another program tries to access the log file. - Still needs further testing.

- Add: Show load percentage per core.
- Add: Adjustable Tj.Max value via *.INI file.
- Add: Option to start Core Temp with Windows.
- Add: Support new Intel Mobile processors

- Change: Maximum logging interval is now 99999ms instead of 9999ms.
- Change: Log file layout. Shows current temperature, high\low temperature, core load, CPU speed.

How does it work with 45nm chip ?

Would it work well with 45nm chips? .... I saw that user can change the TJMax .. can't this be done automatically?

Would it work well with 45nm chips? .... I saw that user can change the TJMax .. can't this be done automatically?
I don't follow.
Core Temp supports all Intel CPUs.
Tj.Max is adjustible by users if they chose to.

I run Windows Ultimate 64 bit version with a Q6600 G0 running at 3.3GHz.
With v0.97 of coretemp, I found that it would run as long as the system was not busy.
Whenever I started Prime64, Coretemp would crash after a min or so.
I am trying the latest version now.
So far after 15 minutes coretemp has not crashed.

With regard to temp readings.
I went thru the complete calibration process I found in the stickies using speedfan.
When I now run Coretemp and compare the readings with my calibrated speedfan, they are so close as to be the same ( coretemp is approx 0.5 - 1 Degree Celsius lower).
Realtemp gives a 5C lower reading than Coretemp as it uses a TjMax of 95 compared to 100 in Coretemp.
I believe that the author of Realtemp is using flawed data to obtain his TjMax readings.
Using the thermometer to read the outside casing of the CPU is not the same as getting the readings from the diodes enclosed within the CPU housing. Who knows what temp difference there is between the outside of the case and inside the case.
Just my 2cents worth. :beer:

Beta Version 0.99 - 2nd May, 2008

- Fix: Incorrect recognition of 45nm Mobile Intel CPUs.
- Fix: CPU temperature not displayed in Core Temp window on Phenom CPUs (0.98 and 0.98.1).

- Add: Shared memory - developers now have access to Core Temp data.
- Add: Register dump to text file function.
- Add: Preliminary Atom (Silverthorne) support - Untested.

Check this thread in the XS news section for more info on the new features and a nice little gadget for Vista users.

Core Temp's shared memory goes official. Everyone is welcome to read up on specs.
DLLs and demo projects showing how to use them are available for download here.

Back