• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Temp - A program for accurate Intel temperature monitoring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Version 1.2 - 13th August, 2016

- Fix: Recognition for some Xeon processors.
- Fix: Driver load failure on Windows 7 and Vista.

- Known issues: Some systems running Windows 10 Anniversary may still have driver load failure.

Note:
With this version I have entered a new partnership with Goodgame Studios, they're a German company who develops free-to-play online games.
This installer includes an option to choose whether you want a shortcut linking to their Empire online game website to be put on your desktop or not. As some of you may have had negative experiences with installers including 3rd party garbage, I thought it was important to let everyone know that even if you don't opt-out of this option, the installer will NOT install anything on your system except a *.url file and an icon.

Version 1.3 - 10th September, 2016

- New: Support for Xeon D processors.

- Fix: K8 generation of AMD CPUs displayed "Distance to TjMax" text when it was not actually doing that.
- Fix: Recognition for Xeon W3670, W3680 processors.

- Known issues: Some systems running Windows 10 Anniversary may still have driver load failure.

Note:
Regarding Core Temp and Windows 10 Anniversary Update. This Windows release requires drivers to be submitted to Microsoft for them to digitally sign them, and this in turn requires the developer to have an EV (extended validation) code signing certificate. At the time of writing, I still don't have an EV certificate and I'm waiting for my certificate provider to start supplying them. As soon as I am able to acquire an EV certificate and get the drivers properly signed, Core Temp will be updated again.
Until this issue is resolved, Core Temp 1.0 RC9 should still work with Windows 10 Anniversary Update. You can download it here.
One more workaround, which I don't recommend, is to turn off Secure Boot in the BIOS.

Version 1.4 - 11th October, 2016

- New: Power measurements for IA Cores, GT (Graphics core), Uncore and DRAM for Intel Sandy Bridge and newer processors.

- Fix: Dual and quad core VIA CPU support. Corrected VID detection for newer Nano processors and added support for 28nm CPUs.
- Fix: Crash when logging is enabled on machines with 20+ cores.
- Fix: AMD Carrizo temperature detection.
- Fix: Corrected Xeon D codename to Broadwell-DE.

There was a bug affecting everyone with non-Hyperthreaded CPUs from SB and newer.
Version 1.4.1 addresses this bug + adds the power feature to 22nm and newer Atom processors in addition to fixing the TjMax detection on Atom CPUs.

Version 1.4.1 - 12th October, 2016

- New: Power measurements for IA Cores, GT (Graphics core), Uncore and DRAM for Intel Sandy Bridge, Silvermont and newer processors.

- Fix: Version 1.4 crashing on Intel processors without Hyperthreading.
- Fix: Correct TjMax for Silvermont (22nm Atom based) and newer processors.
- Fix: Dual and quad core VIA CPU support. Corrected VID detection for newer Nano processors and added support for 28nm CPUs.
- Fix: Crash when logging is enabled on machines with 20+ cores.
- Fix: AMD Carrizo temperature detection.
- Fix: Corrected Xeon D codename to Broadwell-DE.

Version 1.5 - 19th November, 2016

- New: Support for Intel Kaby Lake, Apollo Lake and Avoton processors.

- Fix: Incorrect multiplier on 45nm and early 32nm Core series processors.
- Fix: Sometimes power consumption doesn't work on supported processors.
- Fix: In cases where both IA and GT power figures are N/A, Uncore displays the same value as Package.
- Fix: Incorrect VID on Intel processors.
- Fix: Inaccurate TjMax on Silvermont based (22nm Atom) processors.
- Fix: Incorrect VID on AMD Trinity and newer processors.
- Fix: Corrected Lynnfield recognition of i5 760, i7 870S.
- Fix: Crystal Well and Haswell-ULT code names added for the Haswell generation.
- Fix: VIA Eden X4 was incorrectly named VIA QuadCore.

- Update: G15 applet will be named 'Core Temp' from now on, without the version number.

Version 1.6 - 18th February, 2017

- Fix: Runaway memory leak on some machines.
- Fix: Bus clock detection on Apollo Lake processors.
- Fix: Occasional 'to TjMax' appearing on some cores on Intel processors. Improved, hopefully fixed.

- Change: Subversion will now be shown in the title and About dialog if it's not 0.

Version 1.7 - 18th March, 2017

- Fix: 'to TjMax' appearing on some cores on Intel processors, should be completely resolved now.
- Fix: Incorrect build date displayed in the About dialog.
- Fix: Power draw figures are all N/A on some Intel systems.

Anyone else having problems running Core Temp......Windows 10 Pro here and I get "Driver has failed to Load" error....

I see on their site it says some running windows 10 will get this.....Looking for a work around

Version 1.8 - 10th June, 2017

- New: AMD Ryzen support.
- New: Power consumption notification area (system tray) icon. (Intel only)
- New: Intel/VIA, right click the Frequency to select which core's frequency to display.

- Fix: Power draw figures are only available on CPU #0 in multi processor systems.
- Fix: BSOD on some Intel systems.
- Fix: Core Temp locks up after waking up system from suspend/hibernation due to overheating protection.
- Fix: AMD Athlon FX-60 Dual Core recognition.

Version 1.9 - 8th July, 2017

- New: Intel Skylake-SP and Skylake-X support.
- New: Preliminary Kaby Lake-X support.

- Fix: Windows 10 support.
- Fix: Sandy Bridge-E/EN/EP, Ivy Bridge-E/EN/EP, Haswell-E/EP, Broadwell-E/EP codename recognition.

Version 1.10 - 5th August, 2017

- Fix: Add correct temperature offsets for AMD Ryzen Threadripper X1920 and X1950.
- Fix: In multi-socket AMD systems, switching into MiniMode would bring up all hidden windows of all running applications and services.
- Fix: Support for MCM AMD CPUs. Only the highest temperature per CPU is displayed.
- Fix: Socket C32 and G34 Opteron code names.
- Fix: On some AMD Opteron systems the CPU model number is not displayed.
- Fix: Detection of the C32 and G34 socket types for some Opteron CPUs.
- Fix: Corrected TjMax on some older desktop Atom chips.

Version 1.11 - 4th November, 2017

- New: Support for AMD EPYC (Naples) processors, Stoney Ridge APUs.
- New: Multiple processor group support. Fixes detection of CPUs on multi-socket systems with more than a total of 64 threads.
- New: Support for Intel Coffee Lake, Denverton, Gemini Lake.
- New: Support for Intel Xeon Phi (untested).

- Fix: AMD processor or core recognition issues on multiple generations.
- Fix: Some AMD processors reported incorrect Max temperatures when other hardware monitoring utilities are used.
- Fix: Power detection on multiprocessor Intel machines.
- Fix: Correct topology information on high-end, high-core systems.
- Fix: Check for updates on older operating systems.
- Fix: Settings window Tab control background when themes are disabled in Windows.
- Fix: L1 Instruction cache was reported as L1 Unified cache on most processors.
- Fix: L2 cache was incorrectly reported on newer VIA processors.
- Fix: Multiple other VIA related improvements and fixes.

Hi guys,
Just wanted to let everyone know that a lot of work has gone into this version, mostly internal restructuring/refactoring/fixing/tweaking etc.
I made sure to test this version as thoroughly as I could, especially on different AMD systems, considering the issues the last release has had.
I Hope that this release works well for everyone, and would appreciate feedback if something looks wrong or broken to you.

Version 1.12.1 - 20th May, 2018

- New: Support for AMD Pinnacle Ridge (Ryzen 2) and AMD Raven Ridge (APU).

- Fix: Frequency is always at maximum for early Core iX and Core 2 models.
- Fix: Recognition of some Sandy Bridge Xeon models.

Last edited:
Version 1.13 - 8th January, 2019

- New: Add support for 2nd generation Threadripper processors, Socket FP5.

- Fix: Crash when 5 or more cores exceed overheat protection temperature setting.
- Fix: "No supported CPU detected" on Ryzen processors.
- Fix: Constant frequency readings on Ryzen processors.
- Fix: Incorrect readings on Ryzen processors.

Last edited:
Back