• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB KVM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

I need a KVM that will handle my USB mouse and my new USB Keyboard. Any suggestions? only needs to have outputs to two PCs. And actually, it doesn't even need to be a KVM, but rather just a KM since I'll have a different monitor hooked up to each of the two boxes.

I'll check out that one. I also just had another idea. Would I be hurting my performance if I used those USB>PS/2 adapters and just used a regular KVM?

ninjacore said:
I'll check out that one. I also just had another idea. Would I be hurting my performance if I used those USB>PS/2 adapters and just used a regular KVM?
Probably not. I use a standard KVM with my MX1000. Works fine.

Should work fine. I've done it that way before myself actually. The only problem is if the adapters are loose it could create and issue but if everything fits snug you should be set.

Check this out: http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

It's basically a software "KM" switch. The two computers will have to be networked, I believe. It is meant to be used for exactly what you want, and it's free. Nothing to lose, so I'd give it a try before you buy anything. It's even cross platform.

Back