• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP (Q-Fan 2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbuck

I plan getting the subject mogo for my new rig, but just got a quick question about the Q-Fan 2 option it has.

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=307&model=1179&modelmenu=1

"Adjusts both CPU fan and chassis fan speeds according to system loading
ASUS Q-Fan2 technology intelligently adjusts both CPU fan and chassis fan speeds according to system loading to ensure quiet, cool and efficient operation."

That would mean that all of the fans that I wanted to control would have to have 3-pin connectors so that they'd be connected right to the mobo, right?

If not, what is my option to use a 4-pin molex fan?

I remember reading that you want your CPU fan to be connected 4-pin style right to the PSU for reliability reasons. Is it that big of a deal to worry about? If it isn't, then I'll just stick with 3-pin.

That would mean that all of the fans that I wanted to control would have to have 3-pin connectors so that they'd be connected right to the mobo, right?

Thats right.

And yes, you can just use 3pin fans.

Back