• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

who likes Bf2142?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rocco

I have played all the maps and it's ok different than bf2 but not as exciding!
And i hate that the gun dont have much power behind it!
what do you think?

I've only played the demo, but I didn't like the "Feel" of the game. The ideas behind it were kinda cool, but I just didn't care for it. And with the adware in the retail game, I'd never buy it.

And I'm sure there will be many flame messages from other members saying the same thing :)

I really enjoy the game, the fact that this time around the greatest aspect is in ground gameplay, with no unstoppable choppers or planes hunting you down, is a huge plus. Squad gameplay is incredibly better, teamwork overall in 2142 blows away BF2. First, you get extra points for working in a squad. Squad leaders can use various unlocks to improve their leadership(spawn beacons, small UAVs, floating turrets), and on top of that, squads get field unlocks which let you temporarily use the next unlock. In this game, pretty much every CQ map I join, most squads are full or close to full.
Sniping is awesome in this game, and I feel like the pace of the game is a lot faster despite what people say. I played a lot of Bf2 (350 hours) and I actually like 2142 better. Once they fix some bugs, like lag on Titan mode, this game's goin to be incredible :D

On top of everything else, the unlocks and customizations add a great uniqueness and new level of gameplay to the game.
The guns have LOTS of power. There are just various guns. The Zeller Advance Sniper rifle takes out light armor targets in one shot( It's up to you whether to use light armor and gain more sprint or use heavy armor and have less sprint), the Baur Assault Rifle kills in 2-3 shots. The assault rifle rocket launcher lets you launch rockets that have Airburst capability, you set the distance at which they explode.

I'll tell you guys right now, and every Demo-Retail player will agree:
The demo does not represent the retail version. The unlocks, and the other maps, are sooo much better and they make it a totally different game. The demo feels bland because its missing key items like defibs, C4, etc. But it's all in the retail, and much more.

And the adware, people are exagerating. So far, it has made no difference at all. And I seriously doubt it will in the future. This isnt something that's going to give you random popups of advertising or steal your cc info.

Last edited:
well i didn't like it, it always quit to windows on me, then i fixed it and only got 6 servers that got me 300-999 ping.

seeing as i always despised the chopper spam in bf2, the comments here might make me go out and buy (shudder) another BF game. i never thought i would say that....

although, i remember someone saying that a new patch for bf2 gives the choice of infantry only??? i might have to reinstall it to check that out (there's another thing i never thought i'd say... reinstall?? i swore never again)..

IMO, vehicles = teh lose. i'm all about aim and reflexes and getting right up in someones face (or scoping in on someones face) and blowing it right the **** off. :D

I probably wouldn't reccomend buying it just yet, I would say get the demo and see if you get any technical problems running it. And if everything works great, then get it. Also I you can signup for the Veteran program and you get a free unlock for playing BF2.

UnrealAlex said:
I probably wouldn't reccomend buying it just yet, I would say get the demo and see if you get any technical problems running it. And if everything works great, then get it. Also I you can signup for the Veteran program and you get a free unlock for playing BF2.

that's good advice, i'll download the demo tonight, although i don't foresee any probs. i had no issues with bf2, or any other game really that i can remember. most times i see people with technical problems in games generally, they seem to be on their end of things (unless its for example, a ATI bug, or something that effects EVERYONE, and needs to be patched ASAP).

hUMANbEATbOX said:
seeing as i always despised the chopper spam in bf2, the comments here might make me go out and buy (shudder) another BF game. i never thought i would say that....

although, i remember someone saying that a new patch for bf2 gives the choice of infantry only??? i might have to reinstall it to check that out (there's another thing i never thought i'd say... reinstall?? i swore never again)..

IMO, vehicles = teh lose. i'm all about aim and reflexes and getting right up in someones face (or scoping in on someones face) and blowing it right the **** off. :D

Yes, there are many servers out there that are infantry only. And I HIGHLY recommend them. It takes the game a whole different place IMO. I find that infantry only servers have better teamplay and just make it more fun. I still play the occasional vehicle map, but primarily it's infantry only for me!

UnrealAlex said:
I really enjoy the game, the fact that this time around the greatest aspect is in ground gameplay, with no unstoppable choppers or planes hunting you down, is a huge plus. Squad gameplay is incredibly better, teamwork overall in 2142 blows away BF2. First, you get extra points for working in a squad. Squad leaders can use various unlocks to improve their leadership(spawn beacons, small UAVs, floating turrets), and on top of that, squads get field unlocks which let you temporarily use the next unlock. In this game, pretty much every CQ map I join, most squads are full or close to full.
Sniping is awesome in this game, and I feel like the pace of the game is a lot faster despite what people say. I played a lot of Bf2 (350 hours) and I actually like 2142 better. Once they fix some bugs, like lag on Titan mode, this game's goin to be incredible :D

On top of everything else, the unlocks and customizations add a great uniqueness and new level of gameplay to the game.
The guns have LOTS of power. There are just various guns. The Zeller Advance Sniper rifle takes out light armor targets in one shot( It's up to you whether to use light armor and gain more sprint or use heavy armor and have less sprint), the Baur Assault Rifle kills in 2-3 shots. The assault rifle rocket launcher lets you launch rockets that have Airburst capability, you set the distance at which they explode.

I'll tell you guys right now, and every Demo-Retail player will agree:
The demo does not represent the retail version. The unlocks, and the other maps, are sooo much better and they make it a totally different game. The demo feels bland because its missing key items like defibs, C4, etc. But it's all in the retail, and much more.

And the adware, people are exagerating. So far, it has made no difference at all. And I seriously doubt it will in the future. This isnt something that's going to give you random popups of advertising or steal your cc info.

I back 100% I really enjoy just about every aspect you've mentioned.

Listen to this guy.

The game really is a good one. so far worth my money.

I also still play BF2 and enjoy that game also...you know, you can still enjoy both..not one or the other.

Personally,

To me it's just a Battlefield 2 mod, that you are paying 50 bucks for. Likewise, I prefer modern day combat to futuristic stuff. I played the demo, and that it was ok, but Battlefield 2 is a lot more fun.

I also agree that this is a good game. It has its bugs, like every game, but nothing that can't be overlooked till' it gets patched...
I've not been playing it for long, but so far, it seems like a great game.

I cant wait to try it but every darn store in our area is sold out grrr. I may have to break down and buy it online which i hate doing.

This game was very disappointing. I was expecting something realistic in the future.. not Halo.. I highly doubt that in less than 40 years, we're going to have troops running around in spacesuits and giant stationary laser guns.. Oh but then the troops are still using the same type of machine guns that were used in WWI..

You'd also think that the huge spacesuit you're wearing would be able to provide some bulletproof-ness, but you die in like 2 hits. Which is fine for real games, but come on.. this is the future! But maybe EA decided that the governments of the future will ALSO be too cheap to buy real armor for their future troops as well..

Also, wouldn't these guys be able to run a little bit longer? Did EA decide that the obesity problem has grown so great that not even the most physically fit troops can run more than 5 seconds without running out of stamina?

And don't you think that those giant walker things would be a little more durable? They take like 3 hits and they're down. It seems to me that the warfare of BF1942 was far superior to that of the warfare 100 years later!

The AI is terrible too. I guess governments of the future aren't able to get anyone with an IQ above 12 to join their pathetic military. The troops just run around aimlessly shooting. The enemy troops will just run straight into a group of my guys like a kamikaze, only, they just die instead of doing anything. I think I even saw one just shooting the ground while I was taking their CP.

Anyways, those are all just technical things that don't really make sense for a game in the future. The gameplay is still alright. I liked 1942 way better though.

jjv687 said:
I highly doubt that in less than 40 years, we're going to have troops running around in spacesuits and giant stationary laser guns..

what year do you think it is right now??

jjv687 said:
This game was very disappointing. I was expecting something realistic in the future.. not Halo.. I highly doubt that in less than 40 years, we're going to have troops running around in spacesuits and giant stationary laser guns.. Oh but then the troops are still using the same type of machine guns that were used in WWI..

You'd also think that the huge spacesuit you're wearing would be able to provide some bulletproof-ness, but you die in like 2 hits. Which is fine for real games, but come on.. this is the future! But maybe EA decided that the governments of the future will ALSO be too cheap to buy real armor for their future troops as well..

Also, wouldn't these guys be able to run a little bit longer? Did EA decide that the obesity problem has grown so great that not even the most physically fit troops can run more than 5 seconds without running out of stamina?

And don't you think that those giant walker things would be a little more durable? They take like 3 hits and they're down. It seems to me that the warfare of BF1942 was far superior to that of the warfare 100 years later!

The AI is terrible too. I guess governments of the future aren't able to get anyone with an IQ above 12 to join their pathetic military. The troops just run around aimlessly shooting. The enemy troops will just run straight into a group of my guys like a kamikaze, only, they just die instead of doing anything. I think I even saw one just shooting the ground while I was taking their CP.

Anyways, those are all just technical things that don't really make sense for a game in the future. The gameplay is still alright. I liked 1942 way better though.
1) You're forgetting something called game balance.
2)Without teamwork or C4, walkers are very hard to kill unless you shoot them from the bottom. Walkers simply own every other vehicle in the game, including tanks(but not at long range).
3)This isnt a single player game :confused:

Back