• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Supermicro P4DC6+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daovonnaex

Registered
I want to purchase a Supermicro P4DC6+ mainboard for building my next system, but the BIOS supposedly has no features for overclocking. Does anyone know of a 3rd party BIOS program (stable, please) that has overclocking features (e.g., change core voltage, change CPU frequency, change clockspeed)? If not, could anyone recommend a board that is similar to this one in features but offers overclocking support?

You're going to find it quite difficult to find any server platform with overclocking options, let alone programs made to overclock them.

These boards are made to appeal to a totally different crowd and only have what is expected out of them.

You could try checking over at 2CPU.com to see if anyone has found a way to do this but I visit there time to time and don't know of hardly anyone that has much luck overclocking dual Xeon platforms...they're just not made for it.

Jon said:
You're going to find it quite difficult to find any server platform with overclocking options, let alone programs made to overclock them.

These boards are made to appeal to a totally different crowd and only have what is expected out of them.

You could try checking over at 2CPU.com to see if anyone has found a way to do this but I visit there time to time and don't know of hardly anyone that has much luck overclocking dual Xeon platforms...they're just not made for it.
Thank you for your assistance.

ocing server

Server dude,

I am actually trying the same thing..I want to get a dual Prestonia board... anyway..try wpcredit it allows you to modify the BIOS to do things it wasn't intended... try pinky's site www.aoafiles.com..

-Gabertooth

Back