• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEC 90GX2, what makes it look so nice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tophinater

Iv been shopping for LCDs lately and have been looking in retail stores to see the displays in person before I buy one online. I came across the NEC 90GX2 at BB and it looked amazing. Heres a link to it at newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?Item=N82E16824002122

The screen is incredibly sharp and made the $400 Samsun WS right next to it look like crap. This display uses something called "OptiClear DVM Technology" supposedly. However this monitor is a little out of my price range for just a 19" and wondering if anyone knows of a comparible product that might be fore less. Also whats the best display type that I want for games and sharp text? This is a SXGA, would a WXGA be better?

The glossy screen on the NEC is what sets it apart from the pack, most LCDs have a rough "matte" type screen surface which reduces glare but also degrades overall picture quality (gives images a 'grainy' or 'gritty' look). But a lot of people cant stand Glossy LCDs due to the added glare issues they bring.. Personally after seeing both types side by side glossy is the only type of LCD I'll buy... Thats if I ever decide to buy one. (CRT guy here).

Back