• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultra "Aluminus" full tower alum case for $30, after $60 MIR at Frys.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
Ultra "Aluminus" full tower alum case for $30, after $60 MIR at Frys.com

Edit: On backorder with no date on when expected to restock...call it a dead deal. Too bad 'cause I wanted one.

This is what I would consider a moderately good buy, so I'll pass it along in case anyone else might be in need. Shipping is free, too.

Valid thru Oct 31st...then the gobblings take the deal away.

The basics:

Full tower, aluminum with removable mobo tray, 5x 5.25" external bays, 2x 3.5" external bays and 5x internal 3.5" bays. No fans, but set up for 2x 120mm, so cooling should be adequate and low noise.

Has that familiar Chieftec/Chemming case look with the slip in and out system for mounting CD-R drives and the likes. Internal hard drives can be mounted in either direction, mobo tray has center cut out for easier cable routing and such.

Link:
http://www.outpost.com/entry?site=op:mfe031406&sku=5027995

More detail and pics can be seen here at TigerDirect:

Ultra Silver Aluminus ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1215772&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

By the way, has anybody had experiences with rebates from "Ultra" (good or bad)?

Last edited:
this is a kick *** deal. that case is not the usual ones with the 2 X 80mm in the back, it actuallly has a 120mm back and front.. clear window alluminum and removable mobo... it's slick...

I'd be all over this if I needed a case. I like this style of case but they are soooo heavy in the steel versions, but the aluminum should me much lighter.

You can probably expect it to ship in 2-3 weeks, at least that was the case with my backordered Antec case from them.

OnDborder said:
I snagged one of these at Fry's for 19.99 amir..

i think i might get one too. looks good as hell... but that dang rebate is bothering me though.. and i'm kindda sleepy.. don't feel like driving to fry.

If it is on backorder, then I bet that the rebate offer won't be worth a darn (since the actual sales invoice date will be outside of the rebate's time window).

I placed an order yesterday and received an order processing email without any mention of backorder...better give these guys a call and see what's up.

OnDBorder,

Since you have one of these...how is the build quality on the case...is it worth buying?

Edit:
Followed the link for "Call for Availability" and that is in fact, their code for being on backorder. I don't mind waiting for it to restock, if I can still get the rebate based on the order date, vs a ship date.

I'll post after I give them a call and get the particulars.

Last edited:
These are on backorder with no estimate of when they will be received therefore, a dead deal as far as I'm concerned.

I just cancelled my order. :(

After giving those reviews a quick read, maybe at $30 it was an even better deal than I first thought.

Looks good in black, too. :)

Oh well, maybe next time.

OOS in san diego... dang it.. i want one lol. BM it's only 20 AR... that's one nice case for 20 bucks IMO.

The sale is over and like "magic" they're back in stock. Was I the only one who saw this coming? :-/

Back