• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to set Monitor 2 as Monitor 1, or get all windows to pop up on Monitor 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

I am trying to figure out how to get all these windows to pop up on monitor 2. I set the option in nvidia control panel to pop up all windows on monitor 2 and set monitor 2 as primary. The main problem is that windows will pop up on monitor 2 but things like errors and windows installation will pop up on monitor 1.

Anyone know a way to fix this?

Monitor 1 is hooked up via VGA
Monitor 2 is hooked up via DVI

So theres no way to swap those two cables around.

Right click desktop

properties

settings

click the number 2 screen

check the box that says e this deviceas primary monitor"

Also if you want pops up to occur on your NON primiary monitor just drag the window over to the second monitor then close it.. .next time it opens it opens in the 2nd monitor

But you need to do the "primary" if you want games to run on your DVI monitor

I have monitor 2 setup as the primary and the 1st monitor set as extended.

So currently everything should pop up on monitor 2, but errors and some popups will appear on the left monitor. Makes it a hassle to go back and forth when installing software and messing with many programs. Of course I use 2 monitors for certain programs that makes it easier to work with.

Hmm yah i seem to recall having problems with those ssystray popups when I move the taskbar (all programs)

Only thing I can think of then is an app like ultraMON

Back