• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats a QUIET C2D cooler for a desent price.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tophinater

Im building a Conroe machine that is going to be mainly used for CAD, FEA, Schoolwork, and the ocassional FPS. The processor is a E6600, the case is an Antec P180, Im not planning on overclocking at first. I want one of the main aspects of this build to be silance. Right now it sounds like Im sitting next to a blue lit wind tunnel and when watching movies or doing homework it can get annoying. Im looking for something that will perform a little better then the stock HSF and possibly below 16db. The Ultra 120s and Scyths that I see everyone suggest seem way overkill. Im also looking for something less then $50 and that wont rip the socket off my mobo. The Zalmans seem nice, but I thought I would get your guy's opinions first.

Ultra 120, Tuniq Tower 120 ,Scythe Infinity

Any one of these will offer great, quiet cooling. I personally Like the Tuniq the best, but they are out of stock most places.

Back