• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long do I have to wait to buy a new card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tophinater

Im building a new comp and havent desided if I should buy one now or wait until the new ones come out. Im not going to spend 300+ for a DX10 card, Im more concerned about the price drop. Its a horrible feeling to buy something for $200 then next week see it for only $100. So how long is it going to be until the prices start to come down? Sometime in early november I hope.

right before a new card is released is probably not a good time to make a buy.

on the other hand, you are talking a low-midrange card for that price. they won't get affected all that much by an introduction of a new high-end product.

there's no way a $200 card would become a $100 card in a couple of weeks. a $10 price drop? if hardly any...

i'd say shop around and get what you need at the best price availiable now. you can wait around for the "next" thing forever.

welcome to the forums, btw :p

Back