• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6700 on Phase - by Dominick

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is a cool comparison:

Stock Vapochill LS - 5 minutes unloaded - estimated evap temps -43*C

noloadfrostystock.JPG

Vapochill LS "Jin Modded" - 5 minutes unloaded - estimated evap temps -60*C

noloadfrostyjin.JPG

Great to see some results up dom, now just can't wait to see what that chip can really do :). Out of curiosity what is it that you think is holding back the clocks right now. Just curious to see if you think its something other than the chip... of course I could be impatient and just want to see it fly whether or not your taking your time in clocking it higher :D. Good Luck Dom!!!

~jtjuska

jtjuska said:
Great to see some results up dom, now just can't wait to see what that chip can really do :). Out of curiosity what is it that you think is holding back the clocks right now. Just curious to see if you think its something other than the chip... of course I could be impatient and just want to see it fly whether or not your taking your time in clocking it higher :D. Good Luck Dom!!!

~jtjuska
In all honesty, I truly believe it will take DICE or LN2 to take this chip past 4.6 Ghz because I maxed out at 1.73 vcore this morning and it would not even give me enough time to open cpuz. At 1.73vcore my temps are around -21.5*C idling in the bios. Dry ice or LN2 will be substantially better at holding this heat. This Vapo unit is kickass and working just the way a single stage should be.

^^^^^ This doesnt mean I am going to stop pushing tonight when I get home. But I think we have come to a point where heat is the primary issue. I am very happy with this little E6700.... On single stage I would be very happy with 4.4 ghz on any e6600 or e6700. Its a nice spot to be at on SS phase.

dominick32 said:
Epox and Maji, thanks guys! :) bios CPU temps @...

Do you think more than 1.70 volts is doable on this rig Epox? I know you pushed yours to 1.9, but I dunno man. Its a lot of dough to be playing around with you know? lol
Come on Dom, you're kidding me, give it 1.8-1.85vcore see what happens... then tell me cpu bios temps, lap that that IHS, and finally give it hell.
1.85v~ should give you 4.6+ghz, 32m stable...
And about the it being a lot of money to risk look at what I drive... not very much money in these pockets.

prizm1.JPG

Last edited:
I hear ya Dom, I just see it as I was really hoping to see ya hit your goals and get a miracle chip to hit 5. And in all honesty you have some very respectable oc's... what am I saying you have some unbelievably nice OCs Great job and looking forward to more :). I can't wait for my checks to come in so I can put this 6600 under water and a day of DICE :D. Again, great luck Dom

~jtjuska

I wonder if booting up with RAID on the motherboard puts any extra strain on it ? Would be interesting to see if you got extra clocks trying to boot up with a single hdd ...

WaTTz said:
I wonder if booting up with RAID on the motherboard puts any extra strain on it ? Would be interesting to see if you got extra clocks trying to boot up with a single hdd ...

That would just put a strain on FSB and his motherboard is far from its limits in that department.

Uhh.. How about more voltage, and ignore the temps for a while ;)

You guys are great. hhahahah

OK, when I get home from work tonight I will shoot for 1.8 volts. If anything fries, the first people I am blaming are going to be Epox and Maji. At that point I expect 5% contributions to my E6700 replacement fund. :santa:

Uhh when you sell your ride and replace it with something like were driving we will talk ;)
Thats right 2K wheels budget :p

btw.. what makes you think thats going to even be close to what it takes :p

greenmaji said:
Uhh when you sell your ride and replace it with something like were driving we will talk ;)
Thats right 2K wheels budget :p

btw.. what makes you think thats going to even be close to what it takes :p
Lets just pray... I'm still at work.. :)

1.80 vcore :mad:

4.62 Ghz, also started to tweak FSB/MCH voltage for the first time to prevent chipset instability. So far, so good.

4610.JPG

I think, besides a little memory tweaking for a 10 second SuperPi1m. My chip has pretty much had it. Will not validate or run Spi1m over 4.65 Ghz.. :bang head I have tried up to 1.85vcore with no success.

1.85 vcore produce CPU idle temps in bios of -10.5*C so I am getting very close to dangerously hot. In windows, load most definitely puts the processor very close to 0*C if not higher. So, I think heat finally got the best of me.

I will continue to try some things but I think 4.65 ghz is the limit.

Looking great, maybe with some DICE you can get 4800, but 4.65 is damn good if its stable.

And you should have been tweaking MCH long ago in my experience.

crfracer290 said:
Looking great, maybe with some DICE you can get 4800, but 4.65 is damn good if its stable.

And you should have been tweaking MCH long ago in my experience.

Not in my experience. MCH/FSB does not require any voltage on P5B-Deluxe until around to 465 to 500+ range. Right out of the box 450+ is attainable on this board without touching a thing. I guess youre using the P5W DH which is a completely different animal in itself. So, yes you will definitely need to tweak your 975 board, but not this little 965.

Thanks for the props.

Last edited:
crfracer290 said:
Yeah, I have to up the MCH to get past 370ish :frown:

I have a P5B arriving tommorow though! :thup:

So than you will have some more experience to be attained. LOL
The P5B makes overclocking a breeze compared to the P5W...

Basically disable all CPU options and pick any FSB from 300 to 475 without touching a thing. <--- This is very possible on many retail boxed boards. Both of my P5B Deluxes did exactly that. Only after 480 did they require any kind of voltage, bios tweaks.

Good luck and keep us posted!

dominick32 said:
So than you will have some more experience to be attained. LOL
The P5B makes overclocking a breeze compared to the P5W...

Basically disable all CPU options and pick any FSB from 300 to 475 without touching a thing. <--- This is very possible on many retail boxed boards. Both of my P5B Deluxes did exactly that. Only after 480 did they require any kind of voltage, bios tweaks.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Yea it should make OCing my 6600 alot easier. But, I recently sold my Mp05 to fund a jinu SS so I am stuck with stock cooling until I get my phase.

crfracer290 said:
Yea it should make OCing my 6600 alot easier. But, I recently sold my Mp05 to fund a jinu SS so I am stuck with stock cooling until I get my phase.
Hells yes!

Congrats on the phase unit bro. Cant wait to get some results from you. BTW- What week is your processor?

Back