• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD won't stay on with Laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

Okay I have a laptop here its a Winbook W320. User complained that the moment she logged into Windows the screen would go dim, so dim it was almost unreadable and all you could see was the very faint imprint.

If you turn off the display and then turn it back on it stays for 1-1.5 minutes. and then goes blank again. Can't get into the bios, the screen goes blank and refuses to come back.

It also keeps hibernating on me. Do you guys think it could be a battery not charging or bad power and if so how do I check that?

Its not windows, I booted into a Ubuntu Live CD, some issues

short video of what it does

Any ideas?

I ran into the same thing, from what I could tell, it seemed to be an issue with the backlight. Whether it was the bulbs or the inverter, something would go out and the screen would ge dark. The PC was completely usable when the light went out, it was just very hard to see anything. If it is out of warranty, then they would probably be better off buying a new laptop, since a replacement screen/BL will probably be fairly expensive.

I seemed to have tracked it to the cable that connects the lcd to the motherboard. It works now but only at a certain brightness. It looks like i have to break the bad news and say, sorry you need a new lappy

Back