• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p4c800 owners, help? ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InThrees

I recently acquired a p4c800 through the classifieds. I'm really happy with the board, but it was a 'board only' sale basically, so the driver and utility cds didn't come with it. I didn't expect them either, or care really, except... Asus' driver download page for the p4c800 doesn't have any utilities. I had to get the AI overclocker thing from the p4c800-e or dlx page, in fact.

The thing is, I've had Asus boards before and all the ones I remember had a suite of utilities - LiveUpdate for bios, a temperature and fan monitor, etc. *Did* the p4c800 come with these? If so, any ideas?

The P4C800-E Dlx had some kind of a live update for the BIOS in windows but I am not sure I still have my CD. If I can find it I will send ya a link for downloading it. I haven't had my P4C800-E Dlx for so long that its not funny.

~jtjuska

UglyChild - My A7N8X-DLX socket A motherboard (which is what, something like 4 or 5 years old now? Older?) used LiveUpdate... The P4C800 is newer than that. =/

jtkuska - I appreciate the offer but I'm not sure of the legality of recieving that from you, and I wouldn't want to put you in that position. Thanks for the info though, I learned the -E DLX came with it...

Would very much like to hear from a boxed-p4c800 (std, classic, original etc) owner if it came with those utilities.

I didn't even think of it in those terms cause I know at one point in time Asus had it on their website for download. Thanks for the heads up and keeping me honest ;). Hope you find out for sure the answers

~EDIT If you look through their downloads section of asus's website there is a download link for the P4C800 live update stuff. There is also a lot of other stuff you might find useful. I hope this helps and enjoy that board I loved it before I fried mine :(.

~jtjuska

Last edited:
It has Marvell and Intel on board NIC if i remember correctly. Use the Intel one instead. Marvell NIC uses too much CPU when you start downloading torrents. Unless Marvell solved that issue with latest drivers.

there no marvel on the p4c800 e d it has fast track and intel i have one running right next to me my back up rig its been very good to me i have the cd also its called asus update and you can do it from the desk top

Wierd, my p4c800 has a 3com gigabit adapter onboard.

And yeah, I know exactly what I'm missing - years ago my desktop rig was built around an Asus A7N8X DLX (also bought from the classies :D) that had all the utilities I'm talking about. Fan controls, bios update, and more.

js - if they added the utilities to the p4c800 page, I either completely overlooked them, or they did it recently. I looked hard while rebuilding the machine recently (adding this motherboard) and didn't see them. I'll look again.

no, it's a p4c800...

in addition to me just opening cpu-z and device manager to see 'p4c800' and '3com gigabit lom', I know it's silkscreened onto the PCB.

I can look for my driver program and email it to you if you want. If I remember correctly... ASUS' site is a PITA to navigate. Took me forever to find the ATA(not SATA) drivers for my chipset.

Back