• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ThermalTake Big Typhoon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sobe

Unscathed Member
I have a question about the Big Typoon, is it worth it? And would it fit in a ThermalTake Tsunami Dream case?

Right now, I would be placing the hsf on a 4200+, but soon getting a 4400+ or 4800+.

Is it worth what?

Its still one of the top performing heatsinks, even with the original low speed fan. Add a slightly stronger fan, if you are okay with the noise, and you can get even more performance from it.

Heatsinks that have fans that blow downward also do much for keeping other components on your motherboard cool.

I'm not sure about fitting it in a case, haven't bought a case in years. It is tall, so it would work best with a case with side panel mesh/intake.

navig

Yea, that's the biggest thing I am worried about, it not fitting into the Tsunami Dream case.

i got a big typhoon. works perfectly fine. i've comletly forgotten the load temps on the e6600, but it was below 55.

TTs got a spotted history for sure, but BT is one of their good products.

My numbers here.

Again, not sure how it would be affected by being real close to a side panel.

navig

I've used and trust ThermalTake products. I have used ThermalTake cooling solutions for years, and TT has never let me down. Including the ThermalTake Volcano 11+ Xaser Edition hsf, loud on full, but definitely worth it, kept an oc'd AthlonXP +3000 @ 2.7GHz at 41C.

The biggest issue I saw on the Big Typhoon, is complaints about it's size for cases and such. And, if the Tsunami Dream case will not hold it, then I'd rather look towards something else.

Any suggestions for other hsf recommended, please link me to some recommended hsf solutions :)

Back