• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know of a good 22" monitor deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tophinater

Im looking for a new 22" monitor to go with my new computer. The best I found for the money so far is Acers 22" monitor. I know Costco is selling some for $300 after rebate but Im not going to spend $50 on a membership just to save $50 with a rebate. So if you know of one, please let me know. Acer 22" LCD

ppl had been talking about a costco $299 deal on a 22" monitor... no clue on the specs, though.

i would look into that. maybe you can find it on slickdeals.net also.

but $350 shipped ain't bad @ all for a 22"

I found the same Acer that newegg is selling for $299 after rebates at circuit city. Unless I find another deal pretty soon, Im picking up one tomarow afternoon.

The Samsung 22" is also onsale @ CC but for considerably more $$$ ; but still a good deal too . 225BW $400 -$50 MIR = $350 .

BTW , to qualify for the CC rebates , the monitor(s) must be purchased ONLINE ONLY (no BM)

Costco's 22" lcd's are mostly OOS online = Viewsonic , Spectre , Acer

Last edited:
HAHAA those are sooo cheap. I remember a buddy paying $750 CDN for a 21" Sony flat. Wow how things change. I do realize they aren't new BTW.

Oh yah think im going to hit up the refurb CRT widescreen action soon :)

Only wanted LCD for the WS action, but if I can get a CRT in a decent WS size at half the price??? w00t!!!

Check your local Craigs list for 21" Sony trinitron or 22" NEC diamondtron crt's. That way you can bargain the price down and won't have to pay insane shipping prices. If you're lucky you'll make off with an awesome monitor for under $100. Plus, you can check it out to make sure it's in good condition and you won't get stuck with some crap lcd.:bday:
*slowly backs out of room *

Brando said:
Check your local Craigs list for 21" Sony trinitron or 22" NEC diamondtron crt's. That way you can bargain the price down and won't have to pay insane shipping prices. If you're lucky you'll make off with an awesome monitor for under $100. Plus, you can check it out to make sure it's in good condition and you won't get stuck with some crap lcd.:bday:
*slowly backs out of room *

No need to run, that's great advice. :)

a nice CRT is amazingly great quality. i compared a nice 20.1 inch LCD (800:1) to a super high quality 23 inch CRT. the colors on the CRT where just so much better and more lifelike.

(btw, the picture that we took to compare it with was using a 10,000 digital camra, so this was pretty damn beefy equipment in use.)

22" Westinghouse LCD Widescreen Monitor 199.99

i wouldn't buy a CRT... not because it doesn't produce good picture but because it weight a ton... and it takes up a bit more space than LCD, AND it looks kindda clunky.... besides a 17" LCD = 19" CRT... so if you keep doing that calculation. a 21-22" CRT is only a 19" LCD... and you can get 19" LCD for 130 bucks now... i'm eyeing the 32" on BF but if my pocket run dry i'm going for the 22"

g0dM@n said:
but $350 shipped ain't bad @ all for a 22"

In that case, I would recommend the Dell 2007WFP! With a 20% off coupon from Ebay (for only $.99) you can get this monitor shipped for about $345.00. I have both a 2007WFP and a 2405WFP and both are excellent monitors.

If you have the money, I would recommend the 2405 (24", 1920x1200), it sells for $599.00 atm I think.

Dells are good if you don't mind playing the panel lottery not to mention it isn't hard to find people that have issues with Dells on various forums. I'd rather not give my money to a company that switches part sourcing willy nilly with no way for the buyer to know, yes it doesn't matter to 99% of average schmoes but it's the sneakiness of it I don't like, same reason I don't consider Corsair memory.

Last edited:
MadMan007 said:
Dells are good if you don't mind playing the panel lottery not to mention it isn't hard to find people that have issues with Dells on various forums. I'd rather not give my money to a company that switches part sourcing willy nilly with no way for the buyer to know, yes it doesn't matter to 99% of average schmoes but it's the sneakiness of it I don't like, same reason I don't consider Corsair memory.
It is disturbing, I'll admit, but my Dell monitors have been rockin' house for a long time now. :D

addoraa said:
As someone else mentioned, the westy 22 will be on sale nov 24 & 25th for 199.99 at best buy. For opinions there is a good thread on it at

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1081794
Holy crap, great stuff. I really really hope I don't work on black Friday so I can head out real early and try and snag some of these good deals.

EDIT: I read that the westy 22 inch doesn't come with a DVI cable or something like that. What do I need to use this with DVI and how much will I pay for it?

Last edited:
Back