• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new startup- nothing happens

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alyn

Registered
i have a asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe/Wireless Edition mobo. a hiper 580w power supply. i hooked up a lite-on dvd drive. put in 1 stick of memory. a seagate sata2 hdd and a GeForce 7900 video card. the power comes on fine, all my fans work but thats it. no beeps no nothing. i hooked everything up before i turned on the pc. the thing is, there is no port on the mobo for a monitor but how will my video card work without d/l the drivers. is there a specific way to turn this on.

Take out the ram and try to boot. Any beeps? If yes, the ram is bad. If no, take out the video card and try to boot. Any beeps? If yes, then video card is bad. If no, disconnect hdd and try to boot. Any beeps? If yes, then hdd is bad. If no, remove dvd and boot. Any beeps? If yes, then dvd is bad. If no, then take out cpu and try to boot. Any beeps? If yes, then cpu is bad. If no, then you are down to mobo and psu. Try them in another computer to identify the bad one.

the only thing hooked up is the power supply. thats is the only wire i have connected to the mobob and still no beep. no cpu or nothing. is there certain wires i need to have hooked up, like the power button or anything from the case. will the mobo still beep without absolutely nothing hooked up but ps.

Last edited:
what do you mean by not having the power button hooked up? Are you jumpin the psu off then? And theres a speaker connector on the board to hook up the speaker for beeps.

The speaker connector is usually very close to the connectors used to connect the mobo to the front panel. Make sure a speaker is connected. Consult your mobo manual if you're not sure. If you don't have a manual, you can probably download one at the mobo manufacturer's site.

i hooked up the power supply to another pc and got the beeps, so my ps should be good. i tried turning it on with no cpu, no memory, no nothing but a speaker and still can't get a beep. my mobo reguires a 24 pin power supply connect so i can't hook it up to another pc to see if it beeps. is there another way to determine if my mobo is bad or not.

not sure if this means anything but i turn on the ps, the green led on mobo lights up. then i hit the power button on the case and all my fans and leds come on but the power button won't turn nothing off, i have to turn the ps switch off.

after reading all night, there are a couple of things i should mention. i didn't use spacers when i mounted the mobo to the case and i didn't have the 4 pin molex by the pci slot plugged in.

"spacers"? You mean the stand-offs that screw into the case that your mb sits on? Ummm, that's not good.
If I were you, I'd just take the mb out of the case, put it on the bench(table, whatever), plug the ps in, cpu,video card,monitor, one stick of ram, don't forget the heatsink and fan on the cpu, don't forget to plug the hs/f in, and try to boot from there.
If it does, put the stand-offs on.

Last edited:
i plug the 4 pin on the main power cable to make a 24 pin connection. there was another 4 pin on the mobo that i forgot to plug in. it's located right beside the blue socket for pci card.

one of the black square transistors has a bubble on it. so i guess i killed the board. the # on it was 3310GH, it has 3 prongs but the middle one is cut. anyway, i'm going to get a new board and was wondering about the stand off's. are the stand off's metal.

When you put the stands-offs on, don't put anymore than you need. You know, one stand off per mb hole.. Not to put a stand off in every hole in the case, cuz there are more threaded holes in the case for various mb set-ups.

Back