Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Borat!!

Borat!!

Just saw it tonight, I was badass.

About 20 people stood up and left during the nude scene.

Who all has saw it?

this may sound stupid...

but wtf is borat?
    AMD X6 1055T @3.8Ghz
    GIGABYTE 890FX-A UD5
    6 Gigs of G Skill DDR3 1600 RAM
    EVGA GTX 460
    HAF 932 Tower

"Talking about how fast you beat a game is like talking about how fast you are in bed."
    Do you like Anime? Then join the OCF anime club! OCF Anime Club Click here, and click JOIN!

I LOVED it. Possibly one of my favorite comedies ever.

Texas, figures. In Los Angeles everybody was laughing hysterically during that scene. I had to swallow my coke quickly for fear of spitting it up all over the girl in front of me because I was about to burst out laughing.

I find the movie more about morality than anything, and how funny morality can be. I was dying during the antique shop scene, and the Pam Anderson scene was beyond me.

EDIT for Zex: Borat is a fictional Kazakstani TV Reporter played by Sascha Baron Cohen (Da Ali G Show)

Quote Originally Posted by zexmarquies01
    this may sound stupid...

but wtf is borat?
    Borat is one of the charecters played out by Sacha Baron Cohen, the other being Ali G.

Ive been watching that show since it started... ahh...real funny stuff.

I didnt see it YET!
    "Just because I don't call any more doesn't mean I'm keeping my urine in jars!"

It's not out in Paris yet. But it looks good.
    Core 4 Q9550 @4003mhz 1.30v
    Core 2 Duo e8400 @ 4.6ghz 1.328v (E0 Stepping)
    Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.8ghz 1.525v
    Asus P5Q Pro 2002m @ 515x9 .63x 1.52
    OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB DDR2 5-4-4-18 @ 2.18v w/OCZ XTC Ram Cooler
    Corsair 750TX PSU
    Sparkle 260 GTX (65nm, 216) 696c 1512s 999mem
    BLOCK: Swiftech Apogee GTZ RAD: BIXII REZ: MCRES-Micro rev2 PUMP: Pondmaster 750 FAN: 2 HS Yates CONTROLLER: Modified Evercool WC-202

Yeah I was laughing so hard when the fat dude has his you know in Borats face..haha

It was very funny, and probably was one of the funnier movies in the past few years, though that isn't saying a ton as we haven't had a lot of stellar comedies. Clever and original which is why its so much better than what we have had. There has been a lot of talk about Borat because of what he staged here in Birmingham (and they weren't pleased, but they weren't angry either, they saw the humor, though they didn't find it funny). Will easily be the best comedy of the year, but I doubt it gets in the top 10 movies. I do wish we could get some better comedies though. Will Ferrel is about the only person who just about consistantly delivers, and his stuff isn't overly original or outstanding, though its enjoyable.

It is unfortunate that the movies success is likely to kill a sequel though.
    Cameron: Are you crazy, House? You can't divide by zero! The server is almost overloaded as it is, despite us having pumped it full of matrices!
    Foreman: He was right about that infinite sequence last week... maybe we didn't consider this could be an asymptotic problem.
    House: This is the only way! Sometimes solutions are NP complete and there's nothing anyone can do about it! Foreman, sneak into the physics department and reroute their servers to ours, we need the extra processors if we don't want this equation to go quadratic on us. Chase, patch the memory leak and install Matlab 9.3.
    Chase: Shouldn't we be using Mathematica for potentially asymptotic functions?
    House: When I want your opinion, I'll do an affine transformation to get it. I'm off to see Cuddy. Those parabolic eigenvalues of hers must be good for something.

I'm looking forward to this, I've liked Borat since his first series, way before he did Ali G to death with the various films and endless TV appearances.
    The Last Gonzo of Scotland.
    Core i7 950 @ 4Ghz, Gigabyte x58-USB3, Radeon 6870 CF, Xonar D2X, 12GB Kingston HyperX 1600, Bigfoot 2100, Agility 3 120GB, 3x 2TB Spinpoint F4, Corsair HX1000w, Cambridge Audio A500 and Acoustic Research speakers (Main PC)
    Alienware M11x, C2D SU 7300, Geforce 335M, Corsair Force 40GB (Laptop)
    Opteron 175, DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D, Radeon x850 XT PE, 4GB BH-5, OCZ Petrol 64GB, X-Fi Xtreme Music, 2x TerraTec PHASE 22, Enermax Liberty ELT500, Yamaha A-S300 and Mordaunt Short Aviano speakers (Music PC)
    Pentium D 920, Gigabyte 965P-S3, Geforce 210, 2GB Elpida DDR2, TerraTec PHASE 22, ASUS DVB-T (HTPC)
    Dual P3 866Mhz, Intel 440LX Board, 1.8GB PC133Mhz, 2x Voodoo 2 12MB, Turtle Beach FIJI (Retro Gaming Machine)

Heatware

this is the first movie in 2 years im gonna watch in the cinema's

CPU:
    Intel i5-2500k 4.7ghz 1.34V - M0b0:Asrock P67 Pro3 Rev. B3 - Ram:Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 7-8-7-21 1.63V - Cooler: Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme - Videocard:Sparkle GTX 260 216 core 55nm -
    14459 marks in 3Dmark06
    Reboot: "Don't argue with idiots. They bring you to their level and beat you with experience."
    rdrash:"I think Todd changes hardware more frequently then he changes his underpants."
    Join the benching team and be part of the elite

Trailer Chasing Senior Adragontattoo's Avatar
    Northwestern corner of Va. USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol Sector, outer arm of spiral galaxy
    Borat is funny to me, Ali G has never been funny or even amusing.
    Only ISP provided, .EDU, .GOV, .MIL e-mail addresses are Classifieds approved. Are you unable to access the Classifieds?
    Click here to find out why!
    The Forum Rules FAQ|
    Classies Rules and Regs
    Prices, slashes and edits
    Quality over Quantity Pictures are NOT req.
    Adopt an animal if you want one, dont use a breeder!

ill be seeing it tonight
    Antec 300 Intel Q6600 @ 3.7 - X48-DS4 - 4gb ddr2 - 500w Earthwatt's - 52" Sharp Aquos LC-52D64U
    1x 640GB WD - 2x 1TB Greenpower - 2x 400GB Seagate - ATI 4830 512mb @ 680/975
    3DMark Vanage 7402 3DMark05 20,447 3DMark06 13,693

Emachines amd x2 5000+ @ 2.9ghz w/foxconn bios - 2gb ddr2
    stock POS 300w - 400gb Seagate - diNovo + VX Revolution

MacBook Air - 1.6ghz c2d - 2gb ddr2 - 80gb

heatware

I thought it was OK. After seeing many previews and trailers, I didn't find a lot of the scenes funny anymore, cause I watched them so many times. It was an OK movie, funny, yes, but nothing more.

Where I went (AMC Theaters) all the tickets were reserved for the Borat. There was a huge line to buy tickets, none of those people did. I was one of those lucky people who reserved a ticket hours before the movie started.
    Gigabyte P55-UD3R
    Core i5 750 @ 4GHz
    HR-01 PLUS
    4GB Corsair 1600 RAM
    Galaxy 460GTX 768MB @ 900MHz core
    WD 640GB Black
    OCZ GameXStream 700W

Heat

i did not like the Ali G show so i probably will not be seeing this either.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

I won't be waisting my money on this one.. I just don't find him funny. I saw him on the Daily Show and didn't find him funny at all. Maybe his "comedy" is just way too cerebral for me.
    He seems like a copy of the "Wild and Crazy Guys" performed by Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd, with a touch of Martin Short.. Not original..
    You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares.

Asrock z77xtr6/3770k..........MSI p67a-GD55/2600k
    CORSAIR Vengeance 16gb.......4gigZ Corsair
    Gigabyte 290s crossfire ...........HIS 280x crossfired
    X-Fi Elite Pro.........................H2O cooling
    600gb Raptor/256ssd3..... .......40 Kingston ssd
    Siverstone 1500wt'r.....................Corsair1000HX

MyHeat

I saw it opening night and I thought it was absolutely hilarious. I'm sure that some people won't find it funny at all; it really depends on the audience. I saw it in a theater of a bunch of college kids and 30-year old men, and the whole audience was laughing non-stop from beginning to end. It was by far one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time.
    Project Silver
    Intel Core i7-4770k (4.3GHz @ 1.265V)
    Asus Maximus VI Hero
    G.Skill Sniper 2x4GB DDR3-1866
    EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 760
    Corsair HX850
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    Thermalright Venomous X || 2x 120mm Panaflo || Arctic Silver V
    Lian-Li PC-A77FA || Vantec Nexus Fan Controller
    (Build Journal)
    Heatware

Don't forget about Bruno, even though he's usually the least funny of the 3 characters. Ali G is pretty damn funny sometimes, especially when he's interviewing big time politicians.

How can you guys say Ali G isn't funny? For one dude coming up with pretty much everything for a weekly TV show, give him some credit.

For example, Ali G's interview with the former surgeon general about how homies should care about their heart because it's their own beat was hilarious.

In comparison to other really funny movies like Jackass 2, which was kind of just for shock value, this actually had a story and stuff to keep it going. Just incredible.

Sacha is just pure genius. That was one of the greatest movies ever. He has this amazing ability to stay in character and totally take advantage of any situation. He is a very skilled actor to say the least.

Also those who think he is anti-Semitic need only realize he is himself Jewish which makes it even funnier how he reacts towards his fellow brethren.
    "Death gotta be easy, 'cause life is hard It'll leave you physically, mentally, and emotionally scarred"
    -50 Cent

Quote Originally Posted by drenader
    Sacha is just pure genius. That was one of the greatest movies ever. He has this amazing ability to stay in character and totally take advantage of any situation. He is a very skilled actor to say the least.

Also those who think he is anti-Semitic need only realize he is himself Jewish which makes it even funnier how he reacts towards his fellow brethren.
    Agreed. I heard the film crew actually got stopped by the cops a bunch of times and Sacha stayed in character the whole time. Great movie, the middle got a bit slow, but it made me realize how, um, "diverse" (read: stupid) the people and their views in our country are.
    mATX Desktop (Build Log Here): Core i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 1.3V, Maximus VI Gene, 16GB DDR3-1600 RipjawX, EVGA GTX780, Intel 520 240GB, Seagate 2TB, EK CPU and GPU waterblocks, MCP35X, 120.1 and 180.1 radiators.
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

The Hardware Destruction Thread|OCForums Musicians Club Member -12|OCForums Metal Club Member -12

Well, if he opens the box and its dead, then it would be his fault because the state of the cat is determined by the observer. Then we could be all ‘n00b, you collapsed the wavefunction now! - RoadWarrior, on Schrödinger’s Cat

Quote Originally Posted by nvidiaOCmaster
    Borat is one of the charecters played out by Sacha Baron Cohen, the other being Ali G.

Ive been watching that show since it started... ahh...real funny stuff.

I didnt see it YET!
    Wow dedicated fan of Sasha if you have been watching him since Ali G started in 1997, although the first major public awareness was in 1999 on the UK's Channel 4's Eleven O'Clock show.
    Ive actually met Sasha a few times, one of my friends went Cambridge University with him (my friend ironicly now lives in Stains, the town where Ali-G is supposed to come from), personally speaking I don't find his comedy funny but hes interesting to talk to about serious matters.

There is a lot more to the borat movie which was cut, expect special DVD's to be released with the missing content.
    Hes also got another movie coming out with Bruno the homosexual reporter.

After 9 years im fed up with Ali-G it was ok when it was new and 'raw' but its gone a bit commercial and tame compared to the early years
    Last edited by UnseenMenace; 11-07-06 at 05:08 PM.
    one M15x is never enough

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast