• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Form over function, Rackmount it all!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, only 12 for now because the rack mount computer cases are proving harder to acquire (without paying high prices)

You found my problem as well.

You can buy a crappy desktop case for Free after MIR but even the most ancient rackmount case will still fetch a hefty price.

I have access to an ancient 1u case but it is so old that without drilling new holes and basically redoing the entire case it is worthless. I am going to pull all the fans and 18gb SCSI drives and probably junk the rest.

*edit*

One thing I have found for rackmount cases is Ebay BUT you need to look for the Whitebox servers and basically assume that you will be gutting them. I have pulled two cases off there for relatively cheap because no one wanted a (for parts) or ("old") rackmount case.

You found my problem as well.

You can buy a crappy desktop case for Free after MIR but even the most ancient rackmount case will still fetch a hefty price.

I have access to an ancient 1u case but it is so old that without drilling new holes and basically redoing the entire case it is worthless. I am going to pull all the fans and 18gb SCSI drives and probably junk the rest.

*edit*

One thing I have found for rackmount cases is Ebay BUT you need to look for the Whitebox servers and basically assume that you will be gutting them. I have pulled two cases off there for relatively cheap because no one wanted a (for parts) or ("old") rackmount case.

Assuming you buy a 1u or 2u case through Ebay, would you keep the original PSU? How difficult is it to replace a 1U PSU?

Back