• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP wont install, please help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tophinater

I just finished putting together my new build which consists of a Foxconn P9657AA-8KS2H P965 775 Mobo, E6600 Proc, Gigabyte 7900GT Card, 1GB of OCZ Platinum DDR2 RAM, and WD 80GB Sata3 Drive. I have more hardware but havent installed it yet.

So I got this thing together and it POSTs just fine, everything seems to work great on the hardwares end. But when I try to install windows XP, and it loads the files it needs, I get the blue screen of death saying Windows has shut down to prevent damage to blah blah blah. If I try to install Windows XP corporate says it cant find the "acpi.sys" file. It also says on the bottom:

STOP: 0x00000000BE (0xF77B10DC,0x06998121,0xF7CB611C,0x000000000A)

acpi.sys - Adress F77B54DC base at F77A3000, Date Stamp 367d8550

If I try to install Windows XP that came with my laptop that got destroyed a few years ago, it says something different all the time. Usually something about bad pool data and adjust your BIOS settings and so on. Nothing of any real information. I tried searching MS's website for help but found nothing. If anyone has an idea of what this may be please let me know, Im not going to have the time to fiddle with this thing for another 2 weeks if I cant get it solved this weekend.

Since it seems to be all different things, I'd look towards drives. Make sure you have the HDDs/optical drives jumpered correctly ... try different cables - even different drives if you can.

Well I flashed the BIOS to the latest version which was just released 4 days ago. Im only getting one error now: Page Fault In Nonpaged Area, what ever that means. Error number 0x00000050 I also tried switching RAM modules and reseating everything. I dont have any drives to test but they all seem to be working ok.

still sounds like ram to me try just one stick or set your ram to run really low and see if the errors still come up

Thanks for the posts fellas. I found the problem, it seems that im retarded. I had the ram settings set to auto so they were set at 3-4-3-9. Since on the p965 chipset your not suppose to go lower then 5-5-5-12. I set the ram to the correct timing and all is good. Thanks for the posts.

Back