• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i get to my router?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

after alot of computer problems, all my rigs now are on temporary setup, that means there's crapload of things that need to be install/reset.

my router is one of them. i used to be able to access the router setting by typing 192.68.0.1 but now every time i tried that it give me acess to my internet modem... i tried a few other combination but nothign works. any other ways to acess the router?

Go to start>run then type in CMD, then type ipconfig and hit enter. That will give you the I.P of your computer on your network. It may have changed to 192.168.1.1 <- notice the 1, this could be another number, but then to access your router type that number instead of the 0 in 192.168.0.1

I think that could work :)

Andy

try this

go to start -> run -> type in "cmd" no quotes -> then type "ipconfig /all" and look for what is called your default gateway. Try entering that into your browser.

TalRW has this right. Assuming you don't have any other device assigning out DHCP IP addresses, the default gateway should be your router. Simply open your browser and type the Gateway IP address: (example: http://192.168.0.1).

Take care,
- Jim

#Edit your post

Thats is your public IP address. (your modems) IE you have SBC internet.

Post the type of router you have

That IP address is your Live Wan side of the router IP address. Going by the Whois lookup, your provider is SBC? Try disconnecting your wan cable between the modem and the router) and restart the router (unplug, plug in). Once this is done, then in your command prompt, type the following:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Hopefully you'll pull an ip address from the router. At that point, type ipconfig and find your default gateway. If you get an IP address of 169.254.xxx.xxx, your computer is not finding the router. If you get an IP address of something along the lines of 192.168.xxx.xxx thats good. Once you've got the default gateway, type that ip address in your address bar in internet explorer (or other browser).

Good luck.
- Jim

Knowing the make/model would help. I'll base this off of my unit.

If you look at the back of the router, there should be a reset button(probably need a straightened out paperclip to hit it). That should reset all the settings on the router to factory. Then it should be a matter of entering the router and setting it up using the factory defaults for user name and password.

Otherwise you may need to use a setup disk supplied by the manufacturer to access and setup the router(some Motorolas).

ok, i got it, um something was wrong with the router. i turn everything off and on again and it works now...

lol. how u know i use SBC with just that IP #, that's cool... i have dynamic IP, it changes like once every day...

The range of IP addresses that you get from your provider. A simply whois lookup will provide me with alot of info regarding your connection type/provider/overall location/etc.

Glad to hear you are up and running.

- Jim

You could try hitting the reset button on the router to clear all the info and start from default,.... that is assuming its an issue with the router not the PC. Do you use it as a DNS server to assign your PCs IP automaticaly or do you run static LAN ips?

Back