• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Company Website gone!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

I need some help here, the company I work for has recently lost their website hosting and the website is gone! The guy who hosted the website has recently passed away and his family just ripped all the computer stuff out and in the proccess the company's website went with it! They are scrambling here to get the site back online, we do not have IT here and the owner asked me if I could help. I went to http://www.archive.org/index.php and found the website, my question is can I just copy and paste the pages into notepad and have it hosted or do I have to edit and save them with Frontpage or something? Some of the images are missing from one page but as far as the rest of it goes, it's all there. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

EDIT: The company is a 100+ person machine shop, so the website isn't too elaborate or anything.

Last edited:
if it was just a standard webpage then you can copy the page content and use dreamweaver and re-create the page.

you can use the archive like you said or waybackmachine (google it)

if it used a database then your a pretty screwed.

who made the website... or was it the same guy who hosted it?

gorilly said:
if it was just a standard webpage then you can copy the page content and use dreamweaver and re-create the page.

you can use the archive like you said or waybackmachine (google it)

if it used a database then your a pretty screwed.

who made the website... or was it the same guy who hosted it?
Yeah, the guy who hosted it made the site. I found the site so when I get home i'll try to recreate the pages with dreamweaver.

If there is a DB involved try contacting the family to see if you can gain access to the files.

If its just HTML then just copy source into notepad, change the URLs for images,links etc to the new location and save as HTML

Or since you have dreamweaver, then just paste the source and there should be a "resolve URL" option, I forget its been so long since i have used it

Back