• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5LD2 Rev 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
See if you can sell both your PSU's to some one locally on classifieds or some other way, that should give you extra $$ for your new PSU.

As far as your ram goes. Your RAM speed will go up when you increase FSB. So youll manually have to lower your RAM speed as well as your raise your fsb.

Yeah I am starting to get this stuff slowly... right now I have it at 667 with 3-4-4-8... and my ram speed increased abit... went from 8.5g/sec to 8.6g/s.. yeah prob in the next couple weeks I will pick up A psu... then test it out see how she goes... Might be picking up an ATI X800 XL seems to be decent enough on the reviews and not a hardcore gammer either, mostly sports/racing games....

I just looked at my bios and here are the ram speed selections for 210FSB or 3570Mhz.

420Mhz
560Mhz
630Mhz
"700Mhz"
840Mhz

That's where I would run your system until you get a better PSU. That is a slight OC and increase in ram speed combined with tighter timings should yield a good overall speed increase without any "booms" or "pops" .:)

Hey, just tried the setting above and now my ram score on pcpitstop is 9123 MB/s so that was a nice lil jump from 8500 mb/s... cpu is 3.57ghz as you said so will leave it there and test it out for abit see how it works, This ****ty as 4 meg mach64 card is driving me nuts, my X700 died so waiting to get receipt so I can send it away... tempted to run out and get the X800 XL only 134$ locally which isn't bad.. seem'd to have got pretty good reviews!

If your not a big gamer that 800XL would be Ok. It will struggle with all the newer games ( Fear, oblivion, etc) and it does not have shader model 3.0 like the Nvidia 6800 and newer series. I would look for something in the X1800,X1900 or 6800,7600 or 7900 class. Anything less at this point is not worth $100+.

Yeah I am not a huge gamer, Don't play the Doom/Fear games not that much anywya more sports/ nfs stuff like that... down the road I may get into something higher... X800 series card will do me suffice for now..... granted if I had cash comming off tree's then **** I'd hit up on a X1900 easy lol...

bignick said:
If your not a big gamer that 800XL would be Ok. It will struggle with all the newer games ( Fear, oblivion, etc) and it does not have shader model 3.0 like the Nvidia 6800 and newer series. I would look for something in the X1800,X1900 or 6800,7600 or 7900 class. Anything less at this point is not worth $100+.

So I've been tweeking abit and so far everythign is solid no power downs ram memtest all checks out... I am running 217mhz fsb with the timming above 4-4-4-8... and my ram overall as just up to about 9500mb/s on pcpitstop running at 514mhz according to everest at 10:6 ratio... Now with ratios do you want that to be as close as 1:1 as possible this is what I am not 100% on??

Last edited:
No your ratio doesn't need to be 1:1. Whichever divider produces the most performance for you that's what I'd use. And when you say 514Mhz are you talking about 1028Mhz DDR or true 514Mhz? I'm assuming your are using a low ratio but I can't understand the performance increase if that's so?:confused:

When I load up Everrest and check under Motherboard this is what's listed under MEMORY BUS PROPERTIES" Bus Type Dual DDR2SDRAM, 128Bbit, Dram:FS 10:6 REAL CLOCK 514mhz Effective 1028... Now I Just checked again while running memtest from windows and now it shows: REAL CLOCK 363mhz and Effective is 725mhz....and Bandwith is 11608mb/s... where the prevous one was 16500mb/s

bignick said:
No your ratio doesn't need to be 1:1. Whichever divider produces the most performance for you that's what I'd use. And when you say 514Mhz are you talking about 1028Mhz DDR or true 514Mhz? I'm assuming your are using a low ratio but I can't understand the performance increase if that's so?:confused:

Ok I just rebooted might have been a miscalcuation on the programs parts cause it's now listed as REAL CLOCK 326 Effective is 725mhz... As for Performance increase it even did that with the old ram under my old board it was DDR 266 ram... I lowered the timmings to like 2-2-2-4 or something and my ram speeds wen from 85/8600 up to 9500mb/second...

Hmm here's another thing I Noticed , put my FSB back down to 210mhz left the ram alone... and now my internet connects asap again... yet when I bumped it up to 215mhz/220mhz fsb... my internet connection took a good 1-2 min before windows finally connected? What would cause that?

Hmm I have since dropped the cpu back to default, but have the ram running at ddr 800 with timmings at 4-5-5-12 and 4-5-5-8 and same thing parts of the oc seems to lag at first then finally load up...

Last edited:
So no ideas on why after oc'in my network detection takes forever?? Everything is back to bare stock!

I've never come across that problem with this board or any other. I do know with rev.1 there were bugs until the bios matured. I beleive there is only been 2 bios since the rev. and that could be fixed later. :confused:

I am gonna try and reinstall the OS just to see if it was a glitch there, I even reverted back to my disk image I made and that didn't change either... I have the system running pretty good right now other then that.. running at 3.66ghz@215fsb and ram is running at ddr2 717mhz with 4-4-4-8 timmings and ram is 2.0v....I noticed the 945 chip I have says 12X/17X multipilier the bios shows it at being 17X yet in windows under Everest Ultimate Edition it says I am running 12X Multiplier@306FSB... Can Windows Change the multiplier of the cpu? My ram shows Real Clock as 509mhz and Effective is 1018mhz and bandwith is 9776mb/sec.....then after a rerfresh now its' 162934mb/sec...

bignick said:
I've never come across that problem with this board or any other. I do know with rev.1 there were bugs until the bios matured. I beleive there is only been 2 bios since the rev. and that could be fixed later. :confused:

Last edited:
No windows does not change the multi but the C1 option in your bios does. You will have to disable it so the multi stays locked at 17. That is a power saving feature on these chips. At full load it jumps up to 17x from 12x hope that makes sence.

Makes complete sense, I figured there was something to disable that but wasn't 100% sure, now on the Asus boards it says you can drop the multiplier to help increase overclocking needs and such.. If this is the case why can't you do this 12X multiplier in the bios yet windows can do it using the C1 option?

bignick said:
No windows does not change the multi but the C1 option in your bios does. You will have to disable it so the multi stays locked at 17. That is a power saving feature on these chips. At full load it jumps up to 17x from 12x hope that makes sence.

Well I don't know about manually locking the multi at 12x but the C1 option does drop it when not at full load. In a sence that would aid in OCing cause you could run a serious FSB and under normal use it would scale back use less power and run cooler. It really has nothing to do with windows it's all bios. But to answer your question no you can't lock the multi at 12x to my knowledge.

I gave this suggestion a try and all works, I can get to about 218fsb then anything higher the system reboots when I save the changes but then doesn't boot up... but you can hear the drivers all booting up just no display... now would this be indication of the system not getting suffice power? I did get another power supply still not a beefy one but it does have dual rail and gives out 22amps...will hold me over till I get the better one.. but just curious about it not booting up after the change if this is due to insufficent power?

Thanks :) Btw my network connection works fine again no idea why but yeah it just started connecting ASAP lol...

UglyChild said:
I dont know how the total AMP's are calculated of combined rails on a PSU. As you can see on the Enermax Liberty PSU, link above, you can see that its; +12v1 22AMP, +12v2 22AMP, =32Amps. Thus you have 32A for your system to use, constant current suplied, much better then 17A for your system.

And set your DDR voltage to 2.1v in bios.

Ill get the manual for you mobo and see what settings you have in there.

Is your mobo just "P5LD2" ? Or is it SE, Deluxe, V, VM-SE, VM-DH??

Edit;

Ok, your mobo is pretty straight forward.

AI Overclocking - Manual
Set your Dram Frequency to 800 or lower, and keep it under 800.
Set your ram to 5-5-5-15 ( use that for now to find max CPU FSB)
PCI Express Freq - 100
PCI Clock Syncro Mode - 33.33
Memory Voltage - 2.1
CPU Core Voltage - 1.36v,

Hyper Path 3 - disable
Peg Root Control - Disable.

The rest set it to auto.

If you have stability issues as your raise FSB, raise your voltage as needed, if its still unstable, then check your temps, stay under 40c Idle, or under 60 at max load.
And if things are still unstable then time to get a new PSU.

What Vcore are you using? Also about the PSU a dual rail with only 22amps is holding you back but probably not at these clock speeds. Use 1.4V on Vcore and see what it does. I would leave everything else on auto. If it won't boot into windows I'd say you've got a PSU problem.

Yeah the Vcore I am running is as stated above.. 1.36V... It did this on both psu so I don't think it's the PSU persay but lack amps, or lack of CPU voltage what would u say is the max Volts u'd want to run on this chip? It's not the booting into windows it doesn't do, it's the save/exit in bios it reboots there then stays off.... then I drop the clock and good to go again... I will try the Voltage incrase to 1.4V see how that goes..

bignick said:
What Vcore are you using? Also about the PSU a dual rail with only 22amps is holding you back but probably not at these clock speeds. Use 1.4V on Vcore and see what it does. I would leave everything else on auto. If it won't boot into windows I'd say you've got a PSU problem.

Back