• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

INTEL D850MV or Asus P4T-E Intel 850???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcalimqu

I'm building a new case, and I'm looking for some pointers on a new mobo. Which one do you guys prefer? INTEL D850MV or Asus P4T-E Intel 850. I was wondering if there are a lot of problems with either board. My specs are:

1.7 Socket 478
Asus GF3 Ti200
SB Audigy
512 MB
40 Gb IBM 7200rpm
TDK 24x10x40x40x CD-RW
40x CD-ROM
WIN XP

If the Asus P4T-E is anything like the P4T, it will be the way to go. From the little I've read on it, it sounds like it's pretty much like the P4T, except in socket 478. Everything that I've read about the P4T says that it should be on everyone's "short list" of most stable and overclock friendly i850 boards. If you decide to go the Intel board route, then overclocking is totally out of the question. I just went to Asus' site and checked out the picture of it: They left a lot of room around the socket so you shouldn't have any hsf mounting problems, even with the new Swiftech MCX478.

personally i would wait til the i845 DDR boars come out, because those are supposed to be very sweet and astble and poverclocker friendly, but if you need one now the P4T-E is a good choice...

The Asus P4S333 looks like it'll be a winner when it becomes readily avalible, with the memory to match. PC 133 memory and the P4's just seems like such a waste to me. Kinda like hooking up your garden hose to a fire hydrant to douse a 5 alarm fire.

Forget the Intel brand motherboard, they are totally worthless. I'd recommend either Abit or Asus.

Back