• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OFFICIAL G80 THREAD] All G80 reviews, benchmarks and discussions go here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok so the latest version of Rivatuner is compatible with the gtx?
Sweet. Let me go DL it. What are some max clocks on air before I start shooting too high.

poop I meant to type if it works lol, sorry.

I would try coolbits first and see what happens, I always like riva for NV, also people are using ATITOOL

Completely stock 8800GTX, stock clocks. IT ABSOLUTELY TRAMPLES MY OLD X1900XT by almost a 100% gain in performance:

8800gtx2.JPG

Rattle said:
nice I cant wait for mine.

is it loud? do you have fan control?
Rattle. ITS NOT EVEN AUDIBLE BRO!
Remember that old X1900XT fire siren when you turn the rig on? Let me repeat myself: you absolutely cannot hear any noise from the GTX. :beer:

I havent been able to find any fan control yet, nor have I tried any oc programs. Give me some time. Its only been in the rig 20 minutes. hehe

Hey Rattle,
Remember that ATI X1900XT stutter that we both used to have when playing Fear? It was definitely ATI drivers because the stutter is completely gone. I am playing FEAR on Maximum Ultra Settings with 16X 4X filtering and the game averages 156 FPS.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

I have never played such a beautiful quality imaged game at such a smooth FPS. This is crazy!!!

yeah man I killed CAT AI and it solved it for me, I cannot wait to play fear at 1680x1050 with everything max on this card. I am living thru you right now lmao

Dom do some CPU speed scaling with 3DMark and other programs if possible pleeeease. I want to see if these things are :eek: CPU limited. That would be crazy if they are lol.

MadMan007 said:
Dom do some CPU speed scaling with 3DMark and other programs if possible pleeeease. I want to see if these things are :eek: CPU limited. That would be crazy if they are lol.

The 8800's can definately be CPU bottlenecked. When you are comparing card scores, especially 3DM06, make sure the cards were tested in the same system. Just changing to a Conroe from an AMD will jack up the 3DM06 score for any card.

Viper

Confirm Dom's fan speed. I'm a b1tch when it comes to loud stuff...hated my x19's stock. If left on auto, it's below threshold of a Scythe SFLEX E 21db 120mm. Cranked up to 100% kills idle temps by 10c, makes noise, but it's "whoooosh" not "raaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA". Not altogether unpleasant either. I'd have no problems with that level while in game.

As for image quality, BF2142's fences look much smoother. Hardocp's got a sample pic here, but the difference in game's quite pleasing. The X19 had a tendency to "wave" while running by one. Now it's even more distracting because it doesn't! And then I get shot for looking at the fence. :( There's also far less texture breakup, but that could be due to 16q CSAA.

Played a little GTR2 and also got smoked as the road's never been so smooth and clearly drawn in front of me. I find myself slowing down in the middle of a race just to ogle, hehe.

Rattle said:
ati's card is always better than NV's becuase they get to see what its like before they release there's. NV always wants to go first though.

remember that okd saying though ???

if your not the leader ... the view never changes !!

:D

dominick32 said:
Completely stock 8800GTX, stock clocks. IT ABSOLUTELY TRAMPLES MY OLD X1900XT by almost a 100% gain in performance:

dom,

at what clock speed did you get that 3dm06 run with? I am curious, because I got 11,546 with my x6800 @ 3.65GHz. Also stock clocks on the video card.

Back