Question Need some help error checking my ram pls

Hi

I am having a lot of problems while playing games on my pc (the spec of which is in my stats) with a lot of ctds and some bsods (particularly while playing the battlefield series, but with a few others as well eg FEAR). It appeared I was having problems with my memory so I decided to check it again. I placed each module into dimm slot 1 of the motherboard individually and ran full memtest for 19 and 13 hrs resp (one for each module). I got no errors at all with either stick. So I put both sticks of ram back into the mb in slots 1 and 3. However while running stuff I got ctd with errors that 'looked' like memory errors, though I am far from sure. Are there any other tests I can do to check for problems.

ALSO

I wondered if there was conflicts with my onboard sound so I went into bios and diabled the AC97 audio. Is this all I have to do to run a check that cuts out the sound as a potential problem? (Unfortunately I still get CTD with this set to disabled)

(My next guess would be my video card but one thing at a time.)

Thanks for any help you can give me

Benching Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile
    have you checked processor and vid card stability? try this thread for tips on testing other components http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=335813

Edit: I have sometimes had issues with disabling the onboard audio after I installed windows with it. So disabling it may or may not add to your problems.
    Last edited by Sephis; 11-08-06 at 10:51 AM.
    The OCF SETI team, because I can.
    Memeber of the OCF chemistry club.

Heat
    "Well, I sort of don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin."
    --Jack White
    "I like the pink..." -- xXSebaSXx

Quote Originally Posted by Sephis
    have you checked processor and vid card stability? try this thread for tips on testing other components http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=335813

Edit: I have sometimes had issues with disabling the onboard audio after I installed windows with it. So disabling it may or may not add to your problems.
    thanks for the info