• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP-M + Abit NF7-S 2.0 + VapoLi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Molester said:
hmm, starting to wonder if my L2 got thrashed at some point....I dunno...

oh well, i've got a 2400+ mobile on it's way ;)

Its your version of CPU-Z almost undoubtfully. Its very old!

ps2cho said:
Its your version of CPU-Z almost undoubtfully. Its very old!
already covered this..tried new version, it is the cold thrashing my L2, did it to my friend's too, exact same setup

EDIT: new screenshot

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
That is looking hawt Molester! I mean, cold! :D Love to see guys still tweakin' on good ole' Socket A. :thup:

thats interesting the cold affects the L2, when the cpu is warm, does it show normally? congrats on your speeds, definately not used to seeing those numbers from any axp :) if you give it 2.25, can you hit the 3g barrier? heck give it 2.3 :sn:

:beer:

hows teh droop on your board? mine would flux .05-.1 i believe :(

have you tried the vdroop mod to stabilize the vcore? Thats some sweet numbers man... especially the RAM timings.. If I recall, shouldn't you be able to up the vapo chill's temperature so that its not so cold via the software or control panel? I mean -33 C is kinda chilly... maybe try setting it say.... -15, 20 C ? See if that helps out the L2 cache situation. I'm not real familiar with Phase Change, so If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

first, this isn't a Vapochill, it's a custom single-stage phase built into a LianLi V2000B, by Jinu117, he calls it "VapoLi"

second, I can only control what temp to start the pc at, and the fan control, which even set to low gives me same temps, lol

actually, didn't think about that..lol

I really do control the temp the pc starts at, because, while you can set it in the software(which sets it in the controller firmware), it dosn't work, due to the old motherboard(works on newer s939 and later mobo's)

so I actually have 2 power buttons, the case power switch(which I use for the phase), and a switch inside the case for the pc(i do this to keep any idiots from turning on the pc without turning on the phase) so i'd basically just switch the pc on before it's cooled down so far...but this may cause problems in that with the high voltage/clock, it may not be cool enough when i start, and i'm sure it would cool down eventually enough to thrash it...but hey, worth the shot, try it when i get home from work

oh, as for droop, it's a .02v-.04v droop, and i've tried above 2.0v setting, but the cpu really dosn't like it....but i think i'll actually get better results out of my 1800+ or 2700+, those 2 haven't been through as much punishment over the years as the xp-m 2500+(well, the 2700+ has seen some bad times....)

i also gotta get either some more voltage to my ram, or go get some TCCD, my friend's OCZ Plat rev. 2 2x512 does 246 @ 11-2-2-2.0 on his xp-m 2500+/dfi/VapoLi setup, so i'll prolly pick some up myself, i'm afraid to do the memory voltage mod on this nf7-s, that's how i killed my last nf7-s 3 yrs back or so

I remember the 64K L2 cache problem...several people had it a few years ago. I've had a couple of AXP's subzero, but none of them exhibited it. I'm tempted to say its the DFI Lanparty, as I was using an Abit NF7. You know there's a real easy NF7 vmod, involving simply connecting vdd and the +3.3v rail to get 3.3v vdimm at all times, in case you were using the other mod involving the vdimm reg IC. Sorry about the board, but the way things go in this game, no pain, no gain. ;)

Nice old school oc. :) :thup:

i need to update my sig, i'm on an nf7-s 2.0 now, i killed my dfi about 6 months ago while insulating it for the phase..., so 64kb L2 is not a dfi thing...

EDIT: sig updated

Last edited:
Good job :)
I might push mine to 2500 thought.
What bios you use??

Btw what kind of ATI (only) graphic card will be good still for MPs and not be waste of money because of CPU bottleneck??

I don't have the money atm to get an A64 atm (until repay the wedding loan on July)

Last edited:
panagiotis said:
Btw what kind of ATI (only) graphic card will be good still for MPs and not be waste of money because of CPU bottleneck??

nothing past the 850 line would still be ok

the x1950pro is coming to AGP at the end of the month ;)

EDIT: tried a 'warm boot', lol, wouldn't boot till it got to -10, and by the time windows loaded, was -28, and still said 64kb L2.. this time tomorrow, i'll be pulling it apart, i'll slap an air-cooler on, and see if it still says 64kb L2, then, i'll slap my 2700+ in, test it, then my 1800+

Last edited:
-Subscribed-

Love socket A (as sig implies)

It's the first system that was super hot when I first started snooping the forums back in the day... but I never had one, until I went retro (sold my DFI Opteron SLI setup and bought a NF7 and 2600m)

godofgorks said:
-Subscribed-

Love socket A (as sig implies)

It's the first system that was super hot when I first started snooping the forums back in the day... but I never had one, until I went retro (sold my DFI Opteron SLI setup and bought a NF7 and 2600m)
livin the dream, lol, i love it...

just wanted to give props to jinu for this phase setup in the lianli, it's quieter than any air-cooling setup i had(i say I had, because all of them have been extreme, TT SCF II's/Tornado's/etc...), and even quieter than my water setup, since I had the 120mm radiator fans full speed ahead. don't get me wrong, it of course isn't dead silent, but I only hear the low rpm fans, not the compresser. oh, and looks good doing it too

also, my overclocking this weekend will be limited till i fall asleep saturday night(or sunday mornign ;) ), because when i wake up sunday, it'all nintendo wii time ;)

updated picture of computer in first post :D

Haha, I hear you (and my HS too). I fall asleep at night to the whirl of my Thermaltake Volcano 12+, turned down to a moderate whirl of course.

That Jinu Lian Li is soooo sexy. Maybe I'll have to get one of those eventually...

Molester said:
also, my overclocking this weekend will be limited till i fall asleep saturday night(or sunday mornign ;) ), because when i wake up sunday, it'all nintendo wii time ;)

Shawheeet! I'm lookin' at gettin' a Wii as well. :thup: However, I'm not gonna fight for one. Nor will I be standing in line at odd, early hours of the a.m. I'll probably wait until after Christmas... would rather some young kid get his and be happy on Christmas. I can wait.... although I do have to say that it looks freakin' awesome! :D

well, i spent all night friday and all day saturday trying to get my xp2700+ to work...no go, not on air, not on phase, nothin.. :( was a good cpu

saturday night began preparations for retrieving Wii, sunday was spent playing it, as will all this week(aside from work) and this weekend, and pretty much alot in the near future....so uh, don't hold your breath for those 1800+ results, sorry

Back