Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Check this guys project out.

This is absolutely amazing, I think it puts mountain mods to shame. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=122737
    X3220 ~ Abit IP35 pro ~ Crucial BL2KIT 2x1g ~ SilverStone ST85ZF Zeus 850W ~ EVGA 8800 Ultra ~ PA120.3 with Fusion CPU block

Heat!!

I agree. Thats pretty darn awesome.

Trailer Chasing Senior Adragontattoo's Avatar
    Northwestern corner of Va. USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol Sector, outer arm of spiral galaxy
    Author Profile Heatware Profile
    not bad.. Its a one off though so you cant really compare it to a MM or any mass production case.
    Only ISP provided, .EDU, .GOV, .MIL e-mail addresses are Classifieds approved. Are you unable to access the Classifieds?
    Click here to find out why!
    The Forum Rules FAQ|
    Classies Rules and Regs
    Prices, slashes and edits
    Quality over Quantity Pictures are NOT req.
    Adopt an animal if you want one, dont use a breeder!

I Just read through that whole thing last night.... Over dialup. And yes it did take me about a half hour and man was it worth it! Such inspiration!

Top ranking SOLDIER officer sephiroth_749's Avatar
    thats awsome if i had skill like that i would have a reason to never buy a case again
    The Hindenburg
    Athlon 64 3800+
    A8N SLI Deluxe
    2x512 OCZ Gold PC3200
    WD 160gb
    eVGA 7900GT
    Sound Blaster 24 Bit
    Sunbeam 550W

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=52575

Northwestern corner of Va. USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol Sector, outer arm of spiral galaxy
    he is definetely over engineering the case, I ll give him extreme credit!
    Only ISP provided, .EDU, .GOV, .MIL e-mail addresses are Classifieds approved. Are you unable to access the Classifieds?
    The Forum Rules FAQ|
    Classies Rules and Regs

Why does he need all that cooling with a duron build? Lol, i was hopping he'd put like quad sli in there or soemthing.

awesome case. i like the water effect on the side...thats really cool. if he did UV dye or something in there...

looks like an extremely well-built case.

@thaclassikz: im pretty sure the duron was kind of like OMG look what i scored yesterday kind of thing. i don't think hes actually using it in that build. at least i hope he isnt...that would sort of be a waste.
    Gaming Boxx
    Lian Li V-1000B
    DFI LANParty RDX200 crossfire
    Athlon64 3000+
    2GB ocz dual-channel
    ATi x850 XT Platinum Edition
    ATi x850 XT Crossfire Edition

powerbook g4 15" 1.67ghz
    1gb ddr
    128mb radeon 9700mobility
    100gb 7200rpm harddrive
    >>>CompSci @ Brock

Not sure I like some of the design, but the execution is amazing.

Antec P180B | Seasonic S12-500 | ASUS P5B Deluxe | E6600 C2D | ATI HD5770 | OCZ Reaper PC6400 2x2GB | 2TB total storage | 2x HP 23" LCD | Logitech Z-640 5.1 speakers | Logitech G15 and G5 DELUXE

My HEAT

10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile
    yeah, another cube case..lol

thumbs up though for all the work they did on it.

the water affect would of been alot better if he used one of those fish tank stone filters to more evenly distribute the air bubbles.

,`, Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part ,`,
    ,`, The trouble with life is theres no background music ,`,
    ,`, Life isnt short, you're just dead for too long,`,

Wow just wow, i was thinking of making my own case, and i think this thread might push me into doing so.

Great Work. atontheback:
    ||DFI-NF4 ULTRA-D||POWERCOLOR X1950PRO 512mb PCI-E||AMD64 3200+ Venice@(250 x 10)@1.45v CIPW W/Scythe Ninja||Corsair Value Select 1GB(2x512)@216 2.5/3/3/7-1T||Antec SP 2.0 500W Dual 12vRails||XP PRO SVP 2||SONY DVD-RW||Lian-Li PC-7BII|WD SATA 80GIG 7200RPM||
    Toothpaste + Vasaline=Thermal Paste Adventures!
    Ghetto Ventilation!!!!

Registered
    that thing is ridiculously sick...i wanna see finished pictures of it now lol
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 -|- Intel D975XBX motherboard -|- 2 XFX 7900GTX OC 512's running SLI -|- 2gb Corsair XMS2 Dual Channel DDR2 -|- Ultra Xfinity 600 watt psu -|- Koolance 3700 series water cooling case

Disabled
    Meh. I dont care for cubes and total complete DIY builds (as in building the actual case, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by AC3421
    Meh. I dont care for cubes and total complete DIY builds (as in building the actual case, etc)
    uh why?

The skill it takes to engineer it alone makes it pretty cool.

The skill it takes to actually make it yourself is an even larger challenge.
    The Forum Rules FAQ|
    Classies Rules and Regs

Quote Originally Posted by Adragontattoo
    uh why?

Agreed, I can understand that cubes may not be your thing but seeing a complete custom case, whats not to like?

Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Although I do agree the Cube thing does not work for me either, this is really impressive. The amount of time and the attention to detail that the guy goes through to build it is really really impressive.
    All rants I produce are sole property of 127.0.0.1.
    10 types of people understand binary.
    Suck iiiiiitttttttttt. -Shawn Spencer
    Linux is the stepchild of the OS world. "You told me to set 192.168.0.266 ip address", okay >>>Kernel PANIC - Me

Yes great project. Saw that over at XS a few days ago. Think I should probably take time to compliment his work.

Nice to see some real fabrication work! Kind of disappointing to see the pre-made HDD racks though. With all that tooling & know-how, why not make a custom HDD rack as well?

Wish I had a metal break like that at home. I could make some stuff that would blow your mind.
    Last edited by Susquehannock; 11-16-06 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Susquehannock
    Yes great project. Saw that over at XS a few days ago.

Nice to see some real fabrication work! Kind of disappointing to see the pre-made HDD racks though. With all that tooling & know-how, why not make a custom HDD rack as well?

Wish I had a metal break like that at home. I could make some stuff that would blow your mind.
    cuzz the HDD rack is the hardest thing to make in a case lol. the cut has to be very precise and even... it's truely very hard... the HDD can't be lop sided or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    cuzz the HDD rack is the hardest thing to make in a case lol. the cut has to be very precise and even... it's truely very hard... the HDD can't be lop sided or anything like that.
    Nah, it's not that difficult at all really. Here is one I made a couple years ago from scrap steel around my shop.

As you can see I like to think outside the box. Not easy to tell there, the only part touching the drives are the screws. The rack is mounted to the case bottom with two 5/16" bolts mounted on acoustic foam. Even with that WD Raptor mounted in there I cannot hear the drives at all.
    Last edited by Susquehannock; 11-16-06 at 01:54 PM. Reason: images added

Disabled
    Quote Originally Posted by Adragontattoo
    uh why?

I have no doubt in the skill it takes in all of it. I was just stating my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast