• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check this guys project out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I Just read through that whole thing last night.... Over dialup. And yes it did take me about a half hour and man was it worth it! Such inspiration!

Why does he need all that cooling with a duron build? Lol, i was hopping he'd put like quad sli in there or soemthing.

awesome case. i like the water effect on the side...thats really cool. if he did UV dye or something in there...

looks like an extremely well-built case.

@thaclassikz: im pretty sure the duron was kind of like OMG look what i scored yesterday kind of thing. i don't think hes actually using it in that build. at least i hope he isnt...that would sort of be a waste.

yeah, another cube case..lol

thumbs up though for all the work they did on it.

the water affect would of been alot better if he used one of those fish tank stone filters to more evenly distribute the air bubbles.

Adragontattoo said:
uh why?

The skill it takes to engineer it alone makes it pretty cool.

The skill it takes to actually make it yourself is an even larger challenge.

Agreed, I can understand that cubes may not be your thing but seeing a complete custom case, whats not to like?

Although I do agree the Cube thing does not work for me either, this is really impressive. The amount of time and the attention to detail that the guy goes through to build it is really really impressive.

Yes great project. Saw that over at XS a few days ago. Think I should probably take time to compliment his work.

Nice to see some real fabrication work! Kind of disappointing to see the pre-made HDD racks though. With all that tooling & know-how, why not make a custom HDD rack as well?

Wish I had a metal break like that at home. I could make some stuff that would blow your mind.

Last edited:
Susquehannock said:
Yes great project. Saw that over at XS a few days ago.

Nice to see some real fabrication work! Kind of disappointing to see the pre-made HDD racks though. With all that tooling & know-how, why not make a custom HDD rack as well?

Wish I had a metal break like that at home. I could make some stuff that would blow your mind.

cuzz the HDD rack is the hardest thing to make in a case lol. the cut has to be very precise and even... it's truely very hard... the HDD can't be lop sided or anything like that.

warlock110 said:
cuzz the HDD rack is the hardest thing to make in a case lol. the cut has to be very precise and even... it's truely very hard... the HDD can't be lop sided or anything like that.
Nah, it's not that difficult at all really. Here is one I made a couple years ago from scrap steel around my shop.

As you can see I like to think outside the box. Not easy to tell there, the only part touching the drives are the screws. The rack is mounted to the case bottom with two 5/16" bolts mounted on acoustic foam. Even with that WD Raptor mounted in there I cannot hear the drives at all.

Last edited:
Adragontattoo said:
uh why?

The skill it takes to engineer it alone makes it pretty cool.

The skill it takes to actually make it yourself is an even larger challenge.

I have no doubt in the skill it takes in all of it. I was just stating my opinion.

Back