• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Undervolting Celeron 2.8 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Hey guys,

This laptop is kinda getting on my nerves as its so loud all the time. It breathes so much hot air and i have sent it in and they replaced the fan...i myself have cleaned out all dust and put AS5 on it every few months...

Is there anyway to undervolt this cpu?

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A45-S121
Here is a CPU-Z of it:

laptopoz1.jpg

Any pin mods or something like that ? I have never touched Intel CPU's before.

i wouldn't feel comfortable about doing that.. have you checked the bios?

theres more than likely an option along the lines of "quiet mode" or "powersaving mode"

your laptop will run a hella lot slower, but it'll probably be quieter.

(if you don't know the bios number just press every button on your keyboard really fast untill it does.

i suggest del, f1-f5, backspace, a few numbers, enter, shift, and tab

No the BIOS has no overclocking options at all...its not a mobile CPU you see. Its P4 based hense why it runs hot. Whats wierd is that no programs show the voltage of the CPU. None. Its just greyed out in all programs. CPU-Z, Rightmark CPU, everything.

I guess its locked down pretty tight...

Yes i understand there is a low power one, but problem is that it makes even more noise because the fan is activated less, so the heat builds up then the fan goes nuts for about 2 minutes til it cools down, and the cycle repeats.

All the laptops that people have, make almost no noise...and this one is so loud its terrible.

Well your not going to have any powersaving modes or anything with that desktop Northie. Only the P4-M's had speed step (early form at that) in that generations. My suggestion is to put some AS5 on there and maybe look at replacing the fan with an ultra quite model?

New AS5 every month isnt going to help *if you really ment it that way*, a fan upgrade would be the best option.

greenmaji said:
New AS5 every month isnt going to help *if you really ment it that way*, a fan upgrade would be the best option.

When i complained and sent it into Toshiba for repair, they just replaced the plastic fan with a metal one or something similar...

No i didnt mean it every month, i meant a few times a year when i clean out all the fans and everything.

So there is no option on Intel CPU's to pinmod or anything?

I would assume if there were VID pinmods published it was for more vcore not less :shrug:

So im pretty much out of luck?
Its currently got 512mb of RAM in it (64mb removed for gpu share)...would you think that increasing the RAM would make it quieter?

Only if the HD spinning up was causing the heat problems and adding more ram would cause less HD seeking.

Back