• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slow data transfer between two drives...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woozy

Hello all decided to add a seagate 160 gig sata hard drive to my set up. Everything went good I plugged in the sata cable to the top sata controller on the motherboard. Rebooted computer and it found the new hardware. I ran disk management set the new drive to Basic disk. Then ran quick format on the drive 5 minutes later everything was good to go. I ran My computer and saw the new drive. I decided to transfer video files to it noticed they transfered a little slow but just thought it was normal, then I tried playing the videos some as big as 2 gigs played very very slowly, but if I play my small mp3 files they play with out a problem no delay.

Running my system with 2 gigs of ram and no virtual memory.

:shrug: Please help or tell me it is normal.:shrug:

Check and make sure it is running in UDMA mode (not PIO) - Device manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers...

Back