Thread: Zebulon Pike

Zebulon Pike

Ok this is a really random question. Im just confirming something. He discovered the Santa Fe trail which was used for immigration, correct?

Ive searched and searched but I couldnt find much out about his expedition.

So can anyone confirm that? if he didnt discover that trail, which one did he discover?

I know, really..random, but thanks guys.

And ive done research and stuff, but I found nothing really definite on this. But it looks like his expedtition crossed the path of the Santa Fe trail.

Thanks.

Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz
    EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked @ 860/2025
    ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
    CM Hyper 212 EVO
    ASUS VH238H 23"
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD + 2TB storage
    CORSAIR 750TX

Disabled
    Well, from what I can find, the trail was already a known thing in his time.

Unlike Lewis and Clark, who might have worried about their mission of exploration being compromised, Pike welcomed the news that his party was being hunted by a large force of Spanish soldiers. As they left the Pawnee village, Pike’s men followed the hoofprints of the Spanish cavalry down what later became known as the Santa Fe Trail.
    linkage

About half way down.

Also, wikipedia has the trail listed as first used after Pike died.

The Santa Fe Trail was a historic 19th century transportation route across southwestern North America connecting Missouri with Santa Fe, New Mexico. First used in 1821 by William Becknell it served as a vital commercial and military highway until the arrival of the railroad to Santa Fe in 1880.

Zebulon Montgomery Pike (January 5, 1779–April 27, 1813) was an American soldier and explorer for whom Pikes Peak in Colorado is named. His Pike expedition, often compared to the Lewis and Clark expedition, mapped much of the southern portion of the Louisiana Purchase.

See, I got that. But heres alittle more detail of one question I have to include

Zebulon Pike – As a result of his expedition what trail was blaze and later used for migration?

Im just trying to answer that. Idk.

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
    CM Hyper 212 EVO
    ASUS VH238H 23"
    CORSAIR 750TX

Helpful Senior Member Captain Slug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jack222
    Zebulon Pike – As a result of his expedition what trail was blaze and later used for migration?
    The answer is there, the SantA Fe trail. Try researching that instead of Zebulon.
    ||[ Oni is a bot! ]-[ My Heatware]-[ In the event of an emergency, the nearest senior member may be used as a floatation device. ]||

Yeah, i realized that after I wrote that I reread it and yea, made sense. Duh. Thought I said that in this thread already. Oh well.

Thanks

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
    CM Hyper 212 EVO
    ASUS VH238H 23"
    CORSAIR 750TX