• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

512MB DDR 400Mhz RAM for $9.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've had some pretty horrible experience with their RAM with my first computer, 1st pair wouldn't boot RMA'd and got a 2nd pair, 2nd pair would boot but had a HORRIBLE time being stable. The third pair was basically like the 2nd pair but crashed about 50% less of the time.

Although for 9.99$ you could probably just stick it in an extremely budget build.

AFTER mail in Rebate of $70.00.

$70 Rebate. Expires on 11/15/2006. Click Here for Rebate TERMS & CONDITIONS
Item includes multiple rebates. Quantity restrictions apply. Click for details.

Notice: Most rebates limited to 1 per customer. See coupon(s) for complete terms and conditions.

Wow im soo lucky that I recived all my rebates from them, so many complain of not having their rebates but I always get mine.

When its TD, Newegg, Circut City, BB, etc, etc, im lucky to get all my rebates back lol but yea it does take like a month for me

I heard TG rebates have gotten better in the last several months...

ShadowPho said:
Its $70..... a lot of cash. By the time you get your rebate, RAM will fall in price even further....
Actually, RAM prices have been steadily increasing for over a year now and there's nothing to indicate that this will change. You can't get 1GB of PC3200 shiped for under $100 right now from the 'Egg. Last November I got some Corsair VS PC3200 2x512MB for $72 shipped. Right now the same kit will run you $113. That's over a 50% increase. :(

If this rebate is actually honored, it's an amazing deal. Micro Center was offering a 512MB stick of PC3200 for $20 AMIR a few months ago and I thought about jumping on it... I'm wishing I would have done it.

Ya, I agree... it's VERY possible that DDR prices will not drop... DDR2 prices, on the other hand, probably will...

Most companies are probably changing their manufacturing to DDR2 chips... maybe that's why DDR is now more expensive.

Excelsior said:
DO
NOT
BUY
THINGS
FROM
TIGER
DIRECT.

Period. Especially not with rebates. Yes, I'm going to warn people in every TD Deal thread. Kiss your money goodbye.

My advice exactly. I only took a chance with tigerdirect once, and that was with an insanely good deal and no rebates to screw with. It turned out ok, but I wouldn't risk more than 20 bucks on tiger direct and I definitely wouldn't screw away ...er risk 70 on a rebate.

Ever since they have switched to the "on rebate" system I have gotten all back all of the rebates that I have sent in.

UBERCOOL said:
Ever since they have switched to the "on rebate" system I have gotten all back all of the rebates that I have sent in.
Same here. I think all the naysayers just aren't reading the fine print carefully enough. That or they're daft.

Also, I got mine for free today! The price was $70 in the cart, and that's how much was charged. My dad went to get another today and it was fixed to $10.

I bought and built a barebones system form them for someone. I got all 5 of my rebates.

It actually came with this stick of ram. It's actually made by hynix (sp), same ram dell uses in alot of their pc's.

Back