• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech Laser Mice, starting to crap out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

In the last 6 months or so I have noticed my MX1000 (I have had it about a year) has started to get a little laggy when playing CS or any multiplayer game for that matter. It either doesn't quite move when I need it to, or it doesn't move smoothly and seems all glitchy.

I originally thought this was because of interference from my wifi or something, since it is a wireless mouse. But, then I realized I got rid of my wifi a while ago and it is still doing it. I have since tried positioning the dock in a different spot, no improvement. There doesn't really appear to be anything on the laser that is causing issues.

My freind has a Logitec G5 that he got not too long ago, and he said his is acting up a bit in the same way too, and his is a corded mouse.

Anyone else with Logitec mice experiencing the same problems or have any advice on how to improve this?

Thanks a bunch!
:cool:

Hi there. I own logitech G5 and i experienced the things you write about (, cursor stopped moving and/or it was stuttering i "fixed it" by moving the wire until it started working again. the best thing to do would be to make a thread on logitech forums (if they exist)

I had a laggy mouse after I updated to IE7. I know it sounds strange. Though true, and I had the laggies.

I disabled the office compnent bar(Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP) and the Microsoft Office Language Bar) that IE7 installed and it went back to normal.

If you have it installed. It will show as ctfmon.exe in your task manager.

It is easiely corrected. Least I found it fixed my laggy Logitech laser mouse.
If your on XP Pro:

Run| gpedit.msc and click, navigate to Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Software Restriction Policies\Additional Rules...Click Action\New Hash Rule...click browse and select the ctfmon.exe file...click ok...log out and in again.

For Home edition///

Control Panel - Regional and Language Options - Languages TAB - Details BUTTON - Language Bar BUTTON (under "Preferences") Select the "Turn off advanced text services" check box.

That may Kill of your laggy mouse issue. Least it fixed mine.

I also tossed in the regesrver to make sure.
Run|regsvr32 /u msctf.dll

Since I took care of the ctfmon.exe. My mouse operates as it should.

My MX1000 started to jump and the left button did not always work. I RMAed with Logitech and they sent me a new bluetooth MX5000 desktop.

When I talked with tech help at Logitech, the first thing they told me was to uninstall the setpoint software and see if that fixed the problem.

i had the same problem after having mine for about 6 months or so.

but it was BAD. it was like the mouse kept losing connection with the base. I thought it MIGHT be the wireless we just set up in the house. as the mouse started acting up at the same time we installed the wireless.

i havn't tried it since. and i never did any updates or anything to windows.

i still havn't called them about RMA'ing it. i really need to. the thing has a 3 year warrenty. shouldn't have a problem getting a new one that works.

zexmarquies01 said:
i had the same problem after having mine for about 6 months or so.

but it was BAD. it was like the mouse kept losing connection with the base. I thought it MIGHT be the wireless we just set up in the house. as the mouse started acting up at the same time we installed the wireless.

i havn't tried it since. and i never did any updates or anything to windows.

i still havn't called them about RMA'ing it. i really need to. the thing has a 3 year warrenty. shouldn't have a problem getting a new one that works.
Logitech is good about replacements... Unfortunately my MX revolution replacement is acting up already... It will totally stop responding for about a second sometimes.... It seems totally random.

Last edited:
You guys are getting me worried! I have been using my G5 for about a year now without any problems so far. My other mouse, the Creative Fatal1ty 1010 crapped out after about five months of use (it did get abused a bit more though from traveling).

I have 3 wireless laser mice from Logitech, all have been working wonderful. My first was the Logitech MX1000. Got this a few years back, when it was the first laser mouse, and it's been working perfectly fine. My second one, the MX610 I got for a cheap price and that one works great too. My third one, the V400, the "rugged" wireless laser mouse for notebooks is absolutely wonderful. I've dropped it twice, once down a set of stairs, and onto pavement the second time and it's been working flawlessly. I have noticed that the mouse is more responsive when it has new batteries inside (could just be the power saving behavior).

I have a non carbon g7 that begain to crap out 4 months ago that is basically unuseable now. I am now using an emachines ball mouse. Maybe I should finally call logitech.... I have been to lazy to call them for awhile now. It randomly decides to disconnect when it feels like it sometimes it will reconnect other times it wont and I have to take out the battery or receiver. Also one of the batteries wont charge 90% of the time but when you cant use it that is not really an issue....

Offtopic: I dont know if they will take an RMA because I have used it so much that the label on the bottom of the mouse is completely unreadable so I cant get part #'s and such. Can anyone with a g7 check if the part #'s on the bottom of the mouse and the bottom of the receiver are the same?

Back