• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux Stress Testing and Benchmarking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sorry for the reply guys, but i just had a quick question for you:

- Is Linux better than windows at doing Employers Liability Insurance?

I've always used windows for stress testing and for ages believed that windows was the only way to do it, but now you're saying you can use linux as well so just wondering which you found better?

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
i wouldn't say it's better at stress testing. this thread was just to show that it's possible. if you want to participate in hwbot.org then you pretty much still need windows.

Hi,

My requirement is a little strange : i want to exert 50% load on CPU . IS there any tool/way that can help me maintain a little more control over the load that I can put on CPU?

Any pointers are highly appreciated

-- chaliyans

gkrellm is an excellent system monitor... definitely one to check out

Screenshot-3.png

looks like on the right with the invisible-jkx theme

with phoronix test suite out now, it's pretty much useless tho. all the tests are right there at your finger tips. then just make sure you have lmsensors installed and working, then conky or gkrellm to monitor

Hello

I was looking for programs to stress memory and able to test how the system reacts to memory allocation larger than system memory.
None of the list seems to be good for that.
But I've found two new ones, you can find them with the package manager:
memtester
stressapptest

Regards

Back