• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*NEW* 1602 BIOS P5W DH -Official

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I loaded the new BIOS, and all seems smooth. My cpu temp and mb temp are reporting down about 7 degrees each from the previous bios. I had added a Zalman cooler and fans for the PCIe card, south bridge and better flow over the memory.

Getting something to cool the sb is tough on this board, as the video card (GX2-7950) is long, and sits on top of the sb. Just good airflow will work. Reported temps with the new bios are 21 for the cpu, 41 for the sb (motherboard temp).

I hope they are reporting correctly.

Pilot

1602 also seems legit for me. Everything still running smooth after flashing from 1407.

I see roughly a 2-3 degree drop in readings from CoreTemp. And now cpu-z reports vCore correctly, which it never did before for me...

Well.....in revision to my previous post: I am having problems getting the system orthos stable under 1602 with the same settings that I had with 1407.....

Orthos runs for about 10-15 minutes and errors out. I'm in the middle of trying to figure out the problem....anyone else experience something like this with the new 1602? Might just have to flash it back if I can't figure this out.

monkeyBite said:
Well.....in revision to my previous post: I am having problems getting the system orthos stable under 1602 with the same settings that I had with 1407.....

Orthos runs for about 10-15 minutes and errors out. I'm in the middle of trying to figure out the problem....anyone else experience something like this with the new 1602? Might just have to flash it back if I can't figure this out.

Check your voltage, perhaps it has changed giving you the cooler temperatures but less stable.

I already upped the voltage one notch, but I will try a little more when I get back home after Thanksgiving.........gotta get my turns in on the slopes :)

Back