• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ubuntu, compiz suddenly funky

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

ok so I haven't booted to Ubuntu in about a month...and I did and compiz suddenly won;t load right...it was working fine before. Im doing it by selecting XGL at log in as the session then in terminal going
compiz -start

now it gives me an error saying plugin couldn;t be loaded....and I lose my window borders...although the compiz effects seem to work. I tried reinstalling the plugin's for compiz in synaptic but nothing different....anyone know what I can do?

ok so I did a Beryl install....it does the same thing...I start Beryl and I lose all window borders...even if I go into emerald and select different themes. Here is the Error I get when I start Beryl, oh this is running in XGL.

mike@Ubuntu:~$ beryl
XGL Present
beryl: GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing
beryl: Failed to manage screen: 0
beryl: No manageable screens found on display localhost:1.0

any ideas?...IM gonna try reinstalling XGL but since that didn't work with compiz I have low hopes.

Back