• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

an odd graphics card problem, help me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSGentoo

i recently bought an nvidia 7800gs 256mb agp card and it works much worse then my agp 6800xt which it should run circles around.

here is the tricky part. I installed the card on my athlon64 system with a msi k8n neo-fsr motherobard (nforce3) and it was like 3 times slower in windows and 25% slower in linux (the only os i use other then for benchmarking)

here is the thing, when i installed the graphics card on my intel box, it is literally 3 times faster then on the athlon64 box, i get about 6000 on 3dmark05 on my intel box and about 2000 on 3dmark05 on my athlon64 box........ and this should be totally opposite, i don't know what is going on.

any help would be appreciated.

I appologize if this should have gone somewhere else, but... linux is my primary os and primary point of concern...... i just use windows to benchmark.

yeah it is in the wrong forum. But thats fine.

So you're installing the same driver on both rigs? What kind of PSU do you have in both?

You might consider downloading RivaTuner and seeing if the AMD compatibility options help.

Also google your card model along with search terms like 'amd' and your motherboard model and see if anyone else is experiencing the same sort of issues.

Back