• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU under $100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is the Fortron AX500-A still a good PSU? Will be powering Asus M2N-E, 3200 orleans, 7900gs or 7600gt, 1 hdd, 1 dvd, 1 gig ddr2 800.

The AX-500 is still good, but PSUs have evolved since the days we used to recommend it. I would recommend:

Seasonic S12 430 or 380 - Plenty of power for your system, and quiet.

Enermax Liberty 400 - For a 400W unit, it packs a lot of 12v power. Even more than the AX500.

Enhance 500W - I believe it's under $100. Great all around unit.

There's a Sparkle 550w PSU on Newegg for $89.99, but I have never had any experience with that particular, so I am not sure how reliable it is.

I have a spare 400w Sparkle PSU that's got plenty of amperage for a 400w... 18A on dual 12v rails, 30A on 3.3v, and 28A on 5v.

Sparkle is supposed to be one of the best.

The sparkel is good, but not as effecent as the Enhance, for the OP's rig.. I would get the Ewiz deal OW linked :thup:

MadMan, he could almost buy two of the Enhance units for the price of the best deal on the Silverstone and it would be more then adequte :)
More effecent even, just not quite as powerfull, but he doesn't need the extra power.

Back