• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What were you searching for when you found ocfourms.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I first found this forum when I was tracking someone who was DDOSing my servers and pi-ing off my ISP.

I googled the person's most commonly used username out of boredom and I got a hit at OCF, it was not him... but I happened to be looking for a good overclocking forum...

and I stayed here.

I read a few of the articles from the front page and still had some questions so I wandered in here. I'm still trying to find the exit. I have this theory that I can leave if I click the Get New link 50 times a day for a year.

I was looking into my first overclocking adventure and googled overclocking and overclocker.com came up. I looke around the front page for a while and began reading the articles every day. I then made an account here but never used it until about a month or two later when there was a folding article around last christmas/new years. I joined the folding team and started posting here, and have loved every minute of it :thup:

If you were reading a artical or articals on the front page, do you recall the subject matter of the articals you were intrested in reading?

greenmaji said:
If you were reading a artical or articals on the front page, do you recall the subject matter of the articals you were intrested in reading?

Are you doing a social experiment on us?????

I was trying to find info on the 1.6GHz LV Xeons I had just bought. Since Intel had absolutely no info on them, I googled and ended up linking to a 6 month old thread telling me that Intel had removed all info about the LV processors. So I registered, and made a post about it. The rest...is history.

Shelnutt2 said:
Are you doing a social experiment on us?????

can't I just be curious :p

I found a few articals about PSU Vmods as well when I found ocfourms..

Last edited:
I was building a system and I wanted to find out what videocard would've been the most bang for the buck at the time, and how to go about overclocking it. That's about when I found OCF and became dangerously obsessive about air-cooling.

I also discovered that I had a HT processor at the time (using a non-HT) board at the time thanks to you guys.

i had a friend refer me to overclockers.com for the cpu database when i was building my first computer in 2001. i can't remember exactly when i discovered the forums, but i think i was actually reading the forums for a while before i decided to join.

Pretty sure I too discovered overclockers.com by the CPU Database, shame that its practically useless today. Then, I found a forum thread via a newegg review (no joke). I lurked on the forums for about 3-4 months while reading most of the heatsink reviews and watercooling articles on the front page, and also read through the watercooling stickies on the forums. I didn't really start posting at all until I already had a solid overclock and completed wcing.

oddly enough, overclocking:)

to be exact, tips on overclocking my p4 478. i believe its a 1.6ghz, got it running 24/7 at 2.0 :beer: i believe it can go farther with more voltage though!

I came accross a project log and saw the "kill button" thread (the old heads know what I'm talking about) and was hooked ever since.

I had to use the search to look.. Seems like I was looking for a good motherboard for a friend of mine. I have no idea how I ended up here though!

I was trying to diagnose a dialup trojan on an old dell pc. The folks here were nice, fast, and accurate. The problem was promptly solved.

Now due to these forums the heat portion of my HVAC unit almost never comes on, and if I reboot the entire farm at once the neighbors lights dim.

It's a good thing that computer building, overclocking, seti crunching and online gaming are not addictive :)

I was looking for a solution to problem with a mobo I was installing for a friend. I was indeed noooblicious. Not as much now thanks to this place..

Back