• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What were you searching for when you found ocfourms.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was trying to find a performance hardware store, ended up on the front page of overclockers.com and noticed the forums. Iv been here day in, day out ever since.

A friend of mine actually pointed me in this direction. I believe that I was wanting to learn how to overclock my Celly 300A past 450.. or was I looking into a GeForce 2 video card?? Well, lets just say that it was a long time ago, and even though that is all in the past, the forums are still just as good and friendly (if not more) today.

Raven

I actually found ocforums through overclockers.com and overclockers.com through google searching for "What is overclocking?":p

I was just searching for computer forums, and this one was the first one that had a nice format w/ a lot of separate sub forums.

Was looking to upgrade from my P-III system to an XP. The 2200s were just hitting the shelves. Stumbled across an article on the front page and the rest, as they say, is history.

greenmaji said:
I was searching google for PSU rail volt mods.

Anyone else remember?
oh yeah, i remember.

it was watercooling :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for cooling options for my then 900 SlotA T-Bird. I never joined. Then after a couple of years I had another issue. I still didn't join. I always got the answer I needed.

Then I had a question about using pennies for a heatsink and made my first post here. I think that was on my 2400+ Athlon. This is my first forum I joined outside of newsgroups.

I was going to Bxboards a lot back then but reading the O/C front page every day, so when Bxboards closed down I migrated over here.

I like the way this Forum is run, no flaming and everyone is treated with respect. I like the way newbie’s are treated, no question is too dumb, everyone realizes you have to start somewhere.

I am by no means old skool, so my foray into overclocking was relatively recent. Prior to my stay here, I did not know a whole lot. I finall mustered up enough courage to build my own rig and that is when I found ocforums. I rember IMOG and Edwarduane helping me with putting parts together for my first AMD rig (NC 3500). The biggest problem I had was mounting the CDR into the case.,,lol.

Found you in my email from a friend after my first build and blasting him with a ton of questions.. Great forum.. Good people.. :thup:

My friend referred me here about three months ago and since I can't get enough! I was looking up how to run proper memory dividers with the right timings :p

There were no forums when I first came to Overclockers.com. They came several months later. I just came across the frontpage when searching for an overclocking guide. Somewhere in mide-late '98, if I recall. Even then, it took a few months after the forums were established before I decided to sign up. Pretty sure that was June '99.

Good Grief! Old man! :). I dunno how I got here. Found it one day many moons ago, registered, and tada!

Back