• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Teams for the Race!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stryfe

I gotta say, this race was the hardest to balance of any that I've done. Normally I like to get you guys to pick how many teams we go with but this time it pretty much had to be two. Hopefully it'll stay close.

The goal will be 1 million CS. It should take 40 days or less.

The race will start this evening at 12am UTC, 6pm Central.

The race page is here: http://ghanima.hopto.org/ocseti/race.html
Ignore the teams that are on there right now, I just used that as an easy way to get everyone's current average and RAC.

Team A
marko and trevs farm
Wattz
Mictlan and DK Jedi Alliance
FloridaBear
swmpthng
jheizer
Skender Buqaj
ilikepie
TC
zulfy26
katelin
Morpheus...

Team B
Hatch Hill Farm
Stryfe and crazyastro
Eliminator
alt.dc_support
QuietIce
eaglescouter
Charlie
RyanJ
The_Wiizzard
AlexHK
Dave H
Tyrinon

As usual, I encourage the teams to pick names that are better than Team A or Team B, and get them to me to update.

Goodluck everyone!

Last edited:
nice teams but........

thanx , this is going to be interesting, is it going to be like bracket racing , where marko and trev are going to give us like a 1 week headstart!!! or bowling with a handicap?
:burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

i like being an underdog, this will be interesting!!!!

Whoa!

Alright, I got caught with my pants down...didn't see that the race had started until this morning. (FB pulls up pants after falling on face)

I am ramping up some power as we speak! It won't be like the old days when I had a bunch of PCs cranking, but I have a bit of headroom I can pull in for the race.

I'm just worried that Hatch Hill Farm will bring another roomful online for the race ;)

FloridaBear said:
I'm just worried that Hatch Hill Farm will bring another roomful online for the race ;)

I just wanted to confirm your worries: Yes I will (quite literally) be bringing in another roomful for the race!!!

Good luck to you all, and I hope this race can help push the Overclockers.com team up a notch or two in the seti team ranks.

A big well done to Marko and Trevs Farm :clap: they raked in 30K yesterday, this race could be very tough as I see I am on the opposite team. :eek:

Anyway time to crank it up a gear...

Berkinh said:
I just wanted to confirm your worries: Yes I will (quite literally) be bringing in another roomful for the race!!!

Good luck to you all, and I hope this race can help push the Overclockers.com team up a notch or two in the seti team ranks.

A big well done to Marko and Trevs Farm :clap: they raked in 30K yesterday, this race could be very tough as I see I am on the opposite team. :eek:

0.o hate to be the one paying the electric bill.

Berkinh said:

Ha, well, i kind of figured you would. Fortunately, Marko and Trev's Farm is far from static as well...perhaps they can counter your added crunchers. My puny efforts certainly will be no match, though my RAC should pass 2000 soon...

Let's see if my 11 new 3.2Ghz P4 HT can make a differnece there...

I think the great team B is going to blow the "A-team" away....:bday:

I think i can get my hands on 2 more rigs next week. x6800...:p

AND my dual xeon 2.6Ghz hasn't been crunching since 12 nov.
Turning in on again this weekend with optimized clients.

AND i have just installed a new laptop with 1.66Ghz dual core.
Soon to be with optimized client.

Crunch on seti folk.

The Wizard

Oh man, the site's down :( but I'll take your word for it. Last I looked we were coming up fast!

Parts are coming in late this week so maybe I'll have another XP up and crunching sometime this weekend ...

Sorry everyone about the couple hiccups in the stats we've had. I think I know what I need to change in the code to avoid it in the future but it'll take me time to program and test. I'm moving into a new apartment this weekend so my time is used up until at least next week, plus I won't have DSL at the new place until the second half of the week. (don't worry the stats page will remain up, I'm leaving it on my roomate's server for the remainder of this race).

Back