• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wii First Impressions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
I gotta admit I havent been a console fan in many many years but I went out on a whim and got one. It is probably the best console that I can remember playing.

The layout of the menus are excellent and the addition of the online store this morning is fantastic. I cannot wait to play the original F-Zero again and Mario64.

Overall while some people may not like the Wii for its low end graphics, you cannot appreciate the console until you actually use one. Watching the videos isnt nearly the same as actually playing.

The motion sensing is absolutly flawless and works even in heavy sunlight. Kudos to Nintendo for not following the beaten path.

yeah, the controlls are GREAT. i didn't think they'd be as responsive as they are.

in the wii menu, the sensitivity is kinda high, but thats not a huge problem, as 98% of the time, your playing a game.

but once in a game, the controlls are flawless! the sensitivity is 10x what i thought it would be.

I got MORE than my mony's worth out of the wii, and its been less than 24 hours.

i just spent about 4 hours playing bowling, and tennis with my mom. i havn't played a game with my mom since Mario Kart on the SNES. ( and like a whole 3 games or so of mario kart on the GCN ).

that alone made the 250 dollar price tag WELL worth it for me.

zexmarquies01 said:
i just spent about 4 hours playing bowling, and tennis with my mom. i havn't played a game with my mom since Mario Kart on the SNES. ( and like a whole 3 games or so of mario kart on the GCN ).

that alone made the 250 dollar price tag WELL worth it for me.
You're in the same boat I am. I havent played a video game with the family in many many years but we did last night when we brought the Wii home.

Back