• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Pentium M 2.0 and Celeron 2.0 compatible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabroni1m

I have a dell d800 with a intel pentium m 2.0 ghz processor and a toshiba satelite s127 with a intel celeron 2.0 ghz processor. I was wondering if the two were interchangeable or not?

if the celeron is socket 478, then yes, they are pin - compatible. as for bios support, you can always plug it in and see :p .

Well i looked at the 2 cpus and it looks like 1 has a pin the other doesn't but they are the same size other than that? It won't fit in because of that 1 pin though, not sure if pulling that pin would work and it might screw the cpu up altogether.

that's because the pentium-m is socket 479, and the celeron is socket 478. they are NOT pin compatible. it just won't work.

if the celeron is socket 478, then yes, they are pin - compatible. as for bios support, you can always plug it in and see :p .

No it won't, because Mobiles CPUs are on an mPGA479 socket, and destrops are on a PGA478. Size is different, pin layout is different, and pinout is different. It's like comparing 939 and 754...

Back