• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EBAY - Warning; 3rd party access allowed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had Vendio, which I know about but also eBay Asynchronous Bulk Relist - I don't have a clue about that one, so I revoked it.

Question for all ...

When using an alternative checkout, which is what many of these 3rd party authorizations are all about, were you asked in any way if you grant concerned party access to your account in any way? A check box, agreement screen, or the like?

This is a serious question. Please think carefully before you answer.

Thank you.

Maybe its just me, but there was nothing there when I checked this, and I've been seriously involved with eBay for years.
Susquehannock, my only alternates beside Paypal are a check or a money order, and unless you sign up for Billpay or a couple of the other onlines, I can't honestly think of a reason I'd check an alternate screen or box.

These will only show up if you used the services (even a free trial). Don't treat this like the end of the world... youhad to use the service for it to get put in third-party authorizations. Example, if you had participated in the sweepstakes in May, you would've had that listed as a 'third party authorization'. And just in case you didn't know, Andale, Bonfire Media LLC, Infopia, Auctionhouse, and ChannelAdvisor (and probably AuctionWorks and Zoovy) and others are all legitimate companies that provide eBay related services. It's not like they're hackers performing identity theft. Please make sure you're informed of what you're talking about before spreading misinformation.

Pettyg, I still think its a ****ing evil thing to do :) No matter how self-responsible we are or how spelled out it is in a agreement.

Sad that I'm still stuck on good and evil. How uncultivated of me!

my guess is these things are added to your ebay account when you purchase something from someone on ebay who uses it. its probably on the agreement form or a check box that no one bothers to uncheck. i'm sure of it because all the 3rd party athor. i have are the ones i had to go though when making some purchases.
does anyone even know what it does? is it really an issue? i can't find any info on the ebay help website..

Remove said:
Third-party authorizations Hide

No authorizations to Revoke.

:D

Same, and i know i was signed up for some third party services a while back. I guess not anymore :)

Bumping this ancient thread because I just discovered this after selling on Ebay for the first time last month.

I have been selling for years there (23 sales) and I have no 3rd party accounts. How the hell does that happen? Are we sure its ebay doing it?

I've had an account for a long time, and I also don't have any non-ebay ones added.

Thanks for the bump froggy. I too have an older Ebay account but never heard of this before. I checked my account and it's all clear. I'm wondering if this is something E-bay has rectified.

Back