• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ubuntu - clone screen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

currently i have a laptop with an x1600 in it and i would love to use my dvi out to run my 19inch widescreen at 1440x900, the problem is my laptops resolution is 1280x800.

im getting a new laptop tuesday but i will still have the same issue, except now it will be with a nvidia 7400go.

I was able to get the monitors to span, but i really want them to clone, i want to be able to just unplug the cable and run to class like i can with windows.

Is this possible or do i have to wait for xorg 7.3 with it's hotplug capability?

Thanks!

well with SUSE i used Xsas2 to setup my monitors for clone but it has trouble running multiple resolutions on my nvidia based card. idk why but it didnt work to well. anyways im prety sure XSAS2 is avalible for all the major distros if its not allready installed and its prety simple to use. gl tho.

Back