Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fan Duct problem

I installed a fan duct to the cpu, but the damn thing did NOTHING to those HIGH temperatures- 62C load. In my room smells of heated hardware THis new rig brought me nothing except 62C..... Please give me some help Thanks

Disabled

Which rig

Which of your rigs are we talking about and did you build it or buy it?

The new one, "KOMET". I build it. The problem is my case. But....also money... I was of course angry on it, but of course its a lot more performance. Also a new problem - heat. Maybe I should also add an intake fan over the duct? By the way mobo temps are a lot lower from 45C to 39C

Disabled

Question

Do you have an exhaust fan anywhere?

nope I don't have where to place it. Only if I make a big hole in the case. But it is placed into my desk
    edit, my case:

So I don't have where to place the exhaust fan
    Last edited by delta107; 11-26-06 at 10:25 AM.

Disabled

OK Then

I looked at your case and see what you mean. If you already put a duct in the side, then you can put a fan on it but frankly I'd have it blow out since there is no other exhaust. Remove some of the PCI slot blanks to let air get sucked in through them and it should cool things down a lot.

Disabled

Is this your case?

Name:  midi-der_fon.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  21.1 KB

Disabled

Question

Quote Originally Posted by delta107
    nope I don't have where to place it. Only if I make a big hole in the case. But it is placed into my desk
    edit, my case:

So I don't have where to place the exhaust fan
    Is that the back?

Yes its the back.

Disabled

Answer

Yes its the back.
    Put a fan in the duct blowing out and make sure there is somewhere open for it to draw air in. Is there maybe a vent in the front? If not remove some of the lower PCI slot blanks so it can get fresh air from somewhere.

How big is the duct hole? Is it big enough for an 80mm fan?

well dude....I looked at your case as well, and I have come to the simple conclusion that the airflow if it is horrendous. That case looks like its made for low end systems. If I were you, I would buy some cheap case with dual 120mm fans (1 in front, 1 in back) It would solve all your problems.

If you cant buy something, see how much lower the temps get once you take off the side panel. Maybe your ambient temps are high? See if you can make some holes in that side panal and install some fans there. Maybe make two holes over the gpu and cpu, and install two yateloons there.

Disabled

IMO

It is only a Celeron. IMO one exhaust fan in the back where he already put a duct will take care of the problem for now.

It is only a Celeron. IMO one exhaust fan in the back where he already put a duct will take care of the problem for now.
    That's the problem. Celerons run hot. I will buy a new case, but not now. My ambient temps are 29C, though outside is 8C. I need a quick solution. By the way, I also wanted to ask. My computer smells yes maybe its because of the heat?

That's the problem. Celerons run hot. I will buy a new case, but not now. My ambient temps are 29C, though outside is 8C. I need a quick solution. By the way, I also wanted to ask. My computer smells yes maybe its because of the heat?
    nah, celerons are smelly cpu's, its normal for them to stink

jk, generally....things start to smell when they get hot, Im guessing heat is your issue.

Disabled

INFO

Quote Originally Posted by enz660

jk, generally....things start to smell when they get hot, Im guessing heat is your issue.
    Another Rocket Scientist. J/K

Quote Originally Posted by enz660

Thats bad? Are they melting?

61c is not melting. 61c is fine.

try reseting the heatsink with some AS5.
    EVGA 780i - P08 [ FSB:1.4v SPP:1.5v MCP:1.65v SPP<>MCP:1.4v ]
    Q6600 G0 L747A [ 400x9:3.6ghz @ 1.43v - 445x9:4.0Ghz @ 1.55v ]
    xFx GTX260 216 Black Edition [ GPU:740Mhz Shader:1515 Ram:1215Mhz ]
    2x 1 GB - 2x 2 GB OCZ Reaper DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 [ 990Mhz ]
    Win 7 Build 7600 - Arch Linux

Apogee GTZ - MCW60-R - 2xMCR320 - MCP655 - MasterKleer 7/16
    7x yate loons - 2x Arctic fan 8

All in my wooden case

Don't have as5. Anyway, but it smells.I can't leave the comp open for long time My parents bother that from my room smells of heated hardware. I opened even the window. No way. With my "OLD NAVY, I also got such thing, but a lot more supportable. Maybe thats from my northbridge or southbridge, though pc probe 2 gives 39C on load

Disabled

INFO

Don't have as5. Anyway, but it smells.I can't leave the comp open for long time My parents bother that from my room smells of heated hardware. I opened even the window. No way. With my "OLD NAVY, I also got such thing, but a lot more supportable. Maybe thats from my northbridge or southbridge, though pc probe 2 gives 39C on load
    Just put the fan in the duct blowing out and it will be fine. It doesn't need to be made difficult.

go get some. its barely 10 bucks. its well worth it and will last you a life time.
    EVGA 780i - P08 [ FSB:1.4v SPP:1.5v MCP:1.65v SPP<>MCP:1.4v ]
    Q6600 G0 L747A [ 400x9:3.6ghz @ 1.43v - 445x9:4.0Ghz @ 1.55v ]
    xFx GTX260 216 Black Edition [ GPU:740Mhz Shader:1515 Ram:1215Mhz ]
    2x 1 GB - 2x 2 GB OCZ Reaper DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 [ 990Mhz ]
    Win 7 Build 7600 - Arch Linux

Apogee GTZ - MCW60-R - 2xMCR320 - MCP655 - MasterKleer 7/16
    7x yate loons - 2x Arctic fan 8

All in my wooden case

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast