• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Duct problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

delta107

I installed a fan duct to the cpu, but the damn thing did NOTHING to those HIGH temperatures- 62C load. In my room smells of heated hardware :-/ THis new rig brought me nothing except 62C..... Please give me some help Thanks

The new one, "KOMET". I build it. The problem is my case. But....also money... I was of course angry on it, but of course its a lot more performance. Also a new problem - heat. Maybe I should also add an intake fan over the duct? By the way mobo temps are a lot lower from 45C to 39C

nope I don't have where to place it. Only if I make a big hole in the case. But it is placed into my desk
edit, my case:
casezs6.png

So I don't have where to place the exhaust fan

Last edited:
OK Then

I looked at your case and see what you mean. If you already put a duct in the side, then you can put a fan on it but frankly I'd have it blow out since there is no other exhaust. Remove some of the PCI slot blanks to let air get sucked in through them and it should cool things down a lot.

Question

delta107 said:
nope I don't have where to place it. Only if I make a big hole in the case. But it is placed into my desk
edit, my case:
casezs6.png

So I don't have where to place the exhaust fan
Is that the back?

Answer

delta107 said:
Yes its the back.
Put a fan in the duct blowing out and make sure there is somewhere open for it to draw air in. Is there maybe a vent in the front? If not remove some of the lower PCI slot blanks so it can get fresh air from somewhere.

How big is the duct hole? Is it big enough for an 80mm fan?

well dude....I looked at your case as well, and I have come to the simple conclusion that the airflow if it is horrendous. That case looks like its made for low end systems. If I were you, I would buy some cheap case with dual 120mm fans (1 in front, 1 in back) It would solve all your problems.

If you cant buy something, see how much lower the temps get once you take off the side panel. Maybe your ambient temps are high? See if you can make some holes in that side panal and install some fans there. Maybe make two holes over the gpu and cpu, and install two yateloons there.

IMO

It is only a Celeron. IMO one exhaust fan in the back where he already put a duct will take care of the problem for now.

It is only a Celeron. IMO one exhaust fan in the back where he already put a duct will take care of the problem for now.
That's the problem. Celerons run hot. I will buy a new case, but not now. My ambient temps are 29C, though outside is 8C. I need a quick solution. By the way, I also wanted to ask. My computer smells :eh?: yes :eek: maybe its because of the heat?

delta107 said:
That's the problem. Celerons run hot. I will buy a new case, but not now. My ambient temps are 29C, though outside is 8C. I need a quick solution. By the way, I also wanted to ask. My computer smells :eh?: yes :eek: maybe its because of the heat?

nah, celerons are smelly cpu's, its normal for them to stink :D

jk, generally....things start to smell when they get hot, Im guessing heat is your issue.

INFO

enz660 said:
nah, celerons are smelly cpu's, its normal for them to stink :D

jk, generally....things start to smell when they get hot, Im guessing heat is your issue.
Another Rocket Scientist. J/K

Don't have as5. Anyway, but it smells.I can't leave the comp open for long time ;) My parents bother that from my room smells of heated hardware. I opened even the window. No way. With my "OLD NAVY, I also got such thing, but a lot more supportable. :attn: :-/ Maybe thats from my northbridge or southbridge, though pc probe 2 gives 39C on load

INFO

delta107 said:
Don't have as5. Anyway, but it smells.I can't leave the comp open for long time ;) My parents bother that from my room smells of heated hardware. I opened even the window. No way. With my "OLD NAVY, I also got such thing, but a lot more supportable. :attn: :-/ Maybe thats from my northbridge or southbridge, though pc probe 2 gives 39C on load
Just put the fan in the duct blowing out and it will be fine. It doesn't need to be made difficult.

delta107 said:

go get some. its barely 10 bucks. its well worth it and will last you a life time.

Back