• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core 2 Duo Overclocking Ram Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mawsoccer

Corsair (2x1GB) XMS 2 Dominator TWIN2X2048-6400C4D 4-4-4-12 - Zipzoomfly - $273

OR

Crucial (2x1GB) Ballistix BL2KIT12864AA804 4-4-4-12 - Zipzoomfly - $240

OR

Your Choice?

I want the best overclocking ram for an E6600.

Please give feedback today, a $40 rebate on both expires today.

Both are great choices. Both ram should be fine runing over 445 FSB. Corsair are great but they are known to have some compalability issues so I would choose the Crucial (if it was up to me). If you want good overclock make sure you get a good motherboard that can handle over 445 FSB. The E6600 has a multi of 9X and will max out around 4.00 Ghz (or 445X9).

E6600 will not need alot of mhz to overclock as far as ram is conserned under normal forms of cooling, anything that can hit 420mhz will work fine.
Unless your conserned about benchmarking.

And no Corsair is actually a little superiour to Crutail and I know of no compatablity issues.
The only issues I've heard about is changing IC's in there ver. runs on the same sticks, and its published in a thread at there forum, the dominator series is safe even the cheaper ones for now however.

Is zipzoomfly really a bad place to buy anything from, especially things with mail in rebates?

Out of those two, the cheaper one. It'll do 450 FSB (and more) just fine. You just need to make sure the mobo is able to do it. If you want the possibility of hitting 4Ghz or over, get the eVGA nForce 680i mobo. From reviews, it seems stable a little over 500 FSB.

Corsair compalabilty complants is mainly for the 939 AMD, especially with the DFI mobo. I've had good experiences with them myself but I alway wonder about compatibility issues when getting Corsair.

most 965P and 975X mobo's can do 420ish FSB aside from a few of Abit and MSI's offerings. So a decent 965P, 975X or i680 should do fine.

Back